Box Turtle Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

DENISEP

5 Year Member
This is my second post on this site. My first was my introduction, loving this site in AZ. As promised here are some pictures of 2 of my boxies.

A close up of my Three toed female. I just love this pic.
PICT0551.jpg

UM, what should I eat next?

PICT0548.jpg

My little male Desert boxie chowing down on steamed sweet potatoes.

PICT0555.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Your boxies are beautiful! Your pictures are great too. How old are they and how long have you had them? Very smooth and beautiful.

M

Maggie Cummings

Even tho I keep numerous tortoises and Bob, I think box turtles are just great, they are easy keepers yours are just beautiful. Thanks for the pictures...I think I have 9 box turtles in 3 sub species...

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Very cute Boxie. I just love them they have the most special looking eyes. :cool:

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
"Ditto" on all the above compliments.:D

That first picture really captures personality, and the coloring quite striking!:)

DENISEP

5 Year Member
Thanks. I started with my first boxie 2 years ago and now I have 7. The smaller male in the bottom pic is my youngest but they are all adults. I haven't had any from a baby. They are all rescues that were found wondering the streets, maybe dumped or perhaps escapees from someones yards. Some had injuries when they were found and my three toed in the picture has old healed wounds in her shell. I work with a wildlife rehabilitation facility which is how I got started with them and how I contine to acquire them. I have 1 three toed, desert, ornate and a few months ago our herpetologist brought me a chinese boxie. She is quite beautiful. I haven't gotten any good pictures of her yet.

terryo said:
Your boxies are beautiful! Your pictures are great too. How old are they and how long have you had them? Very smooth and beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.