Box turtle hatchling in AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
He looks a little puffy & thick too, don't you think? Like he's eating too much dog food, maybe... Hard to tell form a photo though.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
I know nothing about turtles. I thought something maybe looked off. But I thought dog food is no bueno.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
S/he's tiny, so why are they trying to rehome her/him when they obviously haven't had the turt;le for very long?

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Can anyone tell what kind of boxie he is? I wanted to research specific care for him...and maybe..who knows!

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
LOL, Kim. You really DO wish your house was filled with torts. I can arrange that for you, ya know, but your hubby might be unhappy with me.

Come ON Kim, you know you want him... Especially since he "comes with tank and the the dirt stuff I bought him at petco." Gawd. TNR has a little more money if you want to save him. It actually does look like there might be something wrong with him...

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
ALRIGHT! I just sent a message...we will see what they say! Yes, I really do want to fill my house...and yard...with torts and turts. I get so much enjoyment from them! I miss them when they go to bed!

Ornate box turtle that comes with a 10 gallon tank. Gonna research him on here!

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
LuckysGirl007 said:
ALRIGHT! I just sent a message...we will see what they say! Yes, I really do want to fill my house...and yard...with torts and turts. I get so much enjoyment from them! I miss them when they go to bed!

Ornate box turtle that comes with a 10 gallon tank. Gonna research him on here!

Hope you get him!:)

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I would be curious to see what the entire shell looks like, but regardless $50 for the whole setup is a good price. Might as well go get him.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Picking him up tomorrow at 1! Hubby's put of town this week...maybe he won't notice when he gets back? ;)

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Your going to fall in love instantly and if he feels the same way about torts that you or we do then he will too.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Yea...unfortunately he doesn't share a love of animals at all. He doesn't want them to "take up too much of my time". He is never really home so the only time I can imagine he is thinking of is the time I use to clean up after him. :(. I will tell him it's a foster turtle. It just may not find a home for a few months. ;) Perhaps it will grow on him or he will just get used to it. Idk.

Marinalk

5 Year Member
Maryland
Well, did you get the little one? I just have to know. What condition was he in. I have several boxies, they are dear to my heart. I have to admit, the shell looked in very poor shape with signs of too much protein. Best of luck to you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.