Bought my tortoise a friend!!

turtlebean

Location (City and/or State)
Connecticut
Hi all!

As most of you may know, I have a cute little russian tortoise named Tortillini:) I am now adding a new little one to our family! He got delivered a couple days ago but I’m just now getting time to unbox him.

I have learned a couple important things so far from my short time on this forum:
  • tortoises don’t do well in pairs
  • they don’t get lonely
  • they (probably) don’t cuddle
  • they shouldn’t roam the house
  • don’t keep two homies together in the same crib
But in my defense Tortillini was looking a little lonely :/ I would’ve loved to put them together in one enclosure so they could hang but this new one is too big! Instead I figured I’ll just take this new one with where ever I go around the house, or just let him live on my bed.

Also he’s super squishy and I have learned he is an excellent cuddler.

39566383-5319-4446-B03A-2D55FA06E028.jpeg
I wish they could be friends but I don’t think I should mix species. Any ideas on a name for this little guy?

Cocorene'

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Buckeye, Arizona
Hi all!

As most of you may know, I have a cute little russian tortoise named Tortillini:) I am now adding a new little one to our family! He got delivered a couple days ago but I’m just now getting time to unbox him.

I have learned a couple important things so far from my short time on this forum:
  • they don’t get lonely
But in my defense Tortillini was looking a little lonely :/ I would’ve loved to put them together in one enclosure so they could hang but this new one is too big! Instead I figured I’ll just take this new one with where ever I go around the house, or just let him live on my bed.

View attachment 295718
I wish they could be friends but I don’t think I should mix species. Any ideas on a name for this little guy?

How about "Stuffy"? You had me going there for a minute, until you said he was going to live on your bed!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Well, my desert tort lives in the living room. He's been with me since Christmas. He's never told me why he wasn't brumating in the middle of winter, and I have respected his privacy. He's also never mentioned his name, so I just call him Tort.

He's so secretive...maybe I'm harboring a fugitive, or runaway...?
20200525_213448.jpg

turtlebean

Connecticut
Well, my desert tort lives in the living room. He's been with me since Christmas. He's never told me why he wasn't brumating in the middle of winter, and I have respected his privacy. He's also never mentioned his name, so I just call him Tort.

He's so secretive...maybe I'm harboring a fugitive, or runaway...?
View attachment 295719
LOL he is so adorable!! I wonder if mine is a fugitive too?? But he has yet to speak to me so maybe he just doesn’t know english yet :/

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Hi all!

• they don’t get lonely

View attachment 295718
His shell looks a lil soft.. i would up his calcium intake

Jennw30

Chattanooga
Hi all!

• they don’t get lonely

View attachment 295718

OMG you had me going! I was like why is he doing this after listing all the reasons he shouldn't and then 2 MALES!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
He looks a little dry. Are your soaking him?