Bob did it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lakeside, California
Hello Maggie, hope you are feeling better soon.
Thank you so much for sharing Bobs escape plan. For those of us just starting our Sulcata life's commitment it's good to see how creative they can be. Stairs really? I was going to use those as one of my barriers. Back to the drawing board.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
If I lived near you I would come help fix up your pens.
I do love Bob stories but not when your not feeling well!

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Great to hear from you again Maggie. Hope you get back to feeling 100% real quick.

Hate to see the trouble he causes you, but I absolutely love to hear Bob stories. Wish I lived closer to actually see him in person. Bob is the best! :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Bob bob bob. He looks so guilty faced in the last one. Maggie I hope your health returns and stronger than ever. It is beginning to sound like I may need to come up there and do some fortification for Bob for yah :D

RuthJanice

5 Year Member
Southern Calif
Big Bad Bob :) he is beautiful and obviously very smart. Thanks for the Bob update... feel better :)

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Looks like a tornado went through your backyard, Maggie. Sorry he made such a mess.

Glad to see you posting again. :)

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Maggie, I will also repeat the welcome to hear from you again.
I think anyone who is contemplating a sulcata, should take Bob for a week.
And I though the tornado we had in Mass last June was bad!!
What is the best way people who have all grown up Bob's keep them in? I know what Greg and his Aldabras are in, but can't recall what some of the other forum members have for their enclosures. Lots of youngsters.
Maybe if you can find a reliable fence company to give you a bid, we can all send you a donation. What do you think guys??!!
. Maggie has put up with so much from this monster(I mean that nicely!) we should help her keep him! I know you had someone help you a while back, but looks like you need an updated version!
Let me know.
Nay

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D :D :D Maggie and Bob, the one sure way to make me be sitting in public with a silly grin on my face! I know at the time, you weren't grinning but you might be by now. Glad Bob is still up to his old tricks and that your feeling well enough to share his antics with us. *hugs* Maggie. Keep getting better.

M

Maggie Cummings

Thank you so much for such a nice 'welcome' back. Bob and I really appreciate it.

Nay...Bob's sponsor paid to have a 3 foot high solid cedar fence put in a few years ago. That worked perfectly, if you all remember Bob kept disturbing my naps by knocking over the cinder blocks that were the old 'fence'. But he is getting so big that I thought I'd give him a little more room so I cleaned out the area behind his shed. The carpenters had put a gate to that area in the cedar fence and there's a chain link fence around that spot except for one part that is about 3 feet wide, so I used the cinder blocks 2 wide by 3 high to block off that small area. I put wooden stakes in to anchor them down. I was dumb not to realize he would test those blocks possibly remembering how he knocked them over and escaped before. I have t-posts I will pound down to anchor the blocks. But it's raining (it's Oregon) now so I will do it this afternoon. I appreciate very much the offer of donations but I don't really need them. I am sure I can make that area safe for Bob ...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Hi Maggie, I too, welcome seeing your posts again. I am happy to see things are progressing well in your neck of the woods. And I hear you in regard to the rain. My older sullies got used to the sun we'd been getting lately and now they are very agitated that things have changed.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I just want to say how great it is to hear you're feeling better. I know we all laugh at these "Bob stories", mostly because you are such a good story teller, and of course because Bob is so comical, but your post should be printed out and given to everyone who is getting a Sulcata baby, just to show them what to expect. What a mess! Great pictures and story, as usual.....first laugh I had today.

Status
Not open for further replies.