Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
When I was walking past the Aldabran tortoise pen this a.m. I noticed that Bo was standing up real tall on his back legs, but the front end was still resting on the ground.

437079qtdtz2gtuc.gif

And I'm pretty sure that So (The Smaller One) is a girl because the tail is quite a bit smaller. They are 9 years old this year and about 100lbs.

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
:D Congratulations Yvonne! I remember when I ''really'' found out Hermy was a little boy lol

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Dale did that and my boys didn't understand at all. I remember emailing you Yvonne and you told me what it was. Now I know how they reach the female. :p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
you were "flashed" better call the shelled police.

Chipdog

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Columbus Ohio
much easier the scoping them huh? Happy for you. So I only have another 7 or so year to find out for myself.
HA!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Which, when you think about it, isn't all that long! I think Sulcatas are about 12 or 15 years old (but it really depends upon their size). And you really can't tell on desert tortoises until they're almost full grown!

I guess I never thought that far in advance. What if I have a male and female. What about breeding and nesting. I'm gonna have to get into research mode. I hope there's stuff on the 'net about it.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.