Bo Fat Fat needs a sister!

Status
Not open for further replies.

faejess1

5 Year Member
Where oh where are the cb russian females! Oh where oh where can they be?!? I need one about 4-4 1/2 inches so that Bo still feels like queen bee! If only the Portland ME reptile show hadn't gotten canceled... Does anyone have any ideas?

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
Really hard to find CB Russians; seems like all the pet stores carry only WC Russians. Pretty much have to get them from professional breeders in Arizona, Nevada, Florida, etc. You can order tortoises from their websites, and they will ship them to you.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So much harder to find older ones the size you want and then to make it harder you want a female. :D How about placing "wanted" ads?

faejess1

5 Year Member
Thanks for the ideas guys!! I just hate to support the pet trade. I keep looking at the reptile rescues I'm sure something will come up eventually!!!

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Also, you can go to reptile expos. Went to one recently here in the Denver area, and the dealer had a beautiful, large female Russian tortoise for sale. I would've bought her, except I only have room for my two torts right now.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
but be prepared for Bo NOT TO LIKE her sister.. you may need two complete seperate enclosures,,, or one very large one.

faejess1

5 Year Member
Laura said:
but be prepared for Bo NOT TO LIKE her sister.. you may need two complete seperate enclosures,,, or one very large one.

Bos current home is 2 1/2 feet x 7 1/2 feet...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
When you compare that to the size of their natural range, its on the small side...

Russians can be very aggressive. Just be prepared. That's all Laura is saying... and me too.

faejess1

5 Year Member
Oh no I appreciate all the advice!!! I'll be prepared. We've always got options especially since the new tort will have to be housed separately until she visits the vet... Of course I am hoping for the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.