Blossoms new friends

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
WOW. Chunky guy for sure.

WOW! ! ! !How beautiful they are. Love it! ! !

ben awes

5 Year Member
They look great! Congrats! Can you give length and weights for each? It's very helpful (and not readily available) to have age/size/growth data.

Are you fairly certain they are four years old?

Thanks,
Ben

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
They look great! Congrats! Can you give length and weights for each? It's very helpful (and not readily available) to have age/size/growth data.

Are you fairly certain they are four years old?

Thanks,
Ben
Will do. I'll do that tonight, I'd say they're around 30-45 pounds and 20" SCL or so. I think they're actually a bit older like around 5ish or so. One is a year younger than the other two.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Wasn't able to get measurements on all of them. I used some shade cloth in a corner to create a hide. They love it. So I couldn't get to two of them. But they're all around the same size. About 20". Still haven't broken out the scale for the weights.
image.jpg

The two chunk butt sandwiches that didn't want to come out.
image.jpg

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Wasn't able to get measurements on all of them. I used some shade cloth in a corner to create a hide. They love it. So I couldn't get to two of them. But they're all around the same size. About 20". Still haven't broken out the scale for the weights.
View attachment 140316

The two chunk butt sandwiches that didn't want to come out.
View attachment 140317
So beautiful!
I hate it when they bend their legs like that, spud does it sometimes and it looks like his leg is broken.
It scares me!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, exciting. They look pretty darn good. Do you have any idea on what sex they are looking? I know, I know, :pit will take a few more years for positive idea, but just wondering if any of them look different from the other:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Wow, exciting. They look pretty darn good. Do you have any idea on what sex they are looking? I know, I know, :pit will take a few more years for positive idea, but just wondering if any of them look different from the other:D
Based of Characteristic and beahviorisms of the 4 blossom seems female, tulip seems female. George and Houdini are showing male. Houdini has started ramming and showin very dominant traits. So right now I'm going with 2.2 which I hope I'm right. Because blossom and tulip are the super smooth ones. Which needs to be smooth in the future for breeding purposes.