Blood in eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasputin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Midlands UK
Rushed Rasputin to the vets today after him going off his food, and during my weekly check finding blood in the bottom of his eye.

Apparently, this has been cause by a bang or trauma to his head/eye. He has had none that I'm aware of. Has anyone else experienced this?
I've been given drops to see if this improves in a week. My vet has always done right by both my boys, I just don't feel confident with this diagnosis today.

Kind regards in advance for reading

Leah

Attachments

• image-3830900236.png
    image-3830900236.png
    853.9 KB · Views: 54

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Just because you did not see an injury does not mean he did not sustain one, they are often energetic tortoises. He most likely did it while you were not around. I can't verify the vet's diagnosis but if you trust the vet then I would go with this diagnosis.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
rasputin said:
Rushed Rasputin to the vets today after him going off his food, and during my weekly check finding blood in the bottom of his eye.

Apparently, this has been cause by a bang or trauma to his head/eye. He has had none that I'm aware of. Has anyone else experienced this?
I've been given drops to see if this improves in a week. My vet has always done right by both my boys, I just don't feel confident with this diagnosis today.

Kind regards in advance for reading

Leah

This has happened once to me - the cat (a new kitten) smacked one of my tortoises in the eye, causing it to bleed. Antibiotics cleared it all up.

rasputin

5 Year Member
East Midlands UK
Thank you both,

He does normally run around when he needs a poo, suppose it could have happened at any time though. Very inactive now he's depth of vision has been affected.

Fingers crossed the drops will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.