ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I do. Have been doing it a lot more since this started

How many times per day?
How long each soak?
How deep of water?
How tall is the container..how long is the container?
Where do yo do the soaks, inside or outside?
Do you take the tort outside for exercise?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
@kathyb
So here's mine in a fast, hip shot. I went from bringing in good, comfortable household money here to about $500 a month employment insurance money. Keep in mind on a bad week, that was my weekly minimum not monthly maximum. My future ex wife, (of who I adore) doesn't like this, so a few months or so of this and she asked me for a divorce. Mind you I've never raised my hand to this or any woman feeling it's my job to protect them. So I started working again at crap wages but something is better than nothing, right? Then a month ago I had a grande male seizure while driving home from work. I've been home out of rehabilitation since Monday and I'm still healing up. My truck was a total loss which is fine in that the state has revoked my drivers privileges for at the least 12 months. Broke vertebrae in my neck, broke some ribs, and broke my sternum. Good times, Good times, yes indeed. Oh and while I was rehabilitated my future ex orchestrated the farming out of all my tortoises. I can handle that except two Sulcatas and my pancakes.

kathyb

How many times per day?
How long each soak?
How deep of water?
How tall is the container..how long is the container?
Where do yo do the soaks, inside or outside?
Do you take the tort outside for exercise?
Now since this has started I put him in the bathtub pretty constant all morning and all evening. I was told to soak him as much as possible. I have been filling it so it reaches a bit above his shell. I just keep a close eye on the temp and make sure it stays warm. Yes he goes outside in a very large yard daily for excercise.

kathyb

@kathyb
So here's mine in a fast, hip shot. I went from bringing in good, comfortable household money here to about $500 a month employment insurance money. Keep in mind on a bad week, that was my weekly minimum not monthly maximum. My future ex wife, (of who I adore) doesn't like this, so a few months or so of this and she asked me for a divorce. Mind you I've never raised my hand to this or any woman feeling it's my job to protect them. So I started working again at crap wages but something is better than nothing, right? Then a month ago I had a grande male seizure while driving home from work. I've been home out of rehabilitation since Monday and I'm still healing up. My truck was a total loss which is fine in that the state has revoked my drivers privileges for at the least 12 months. Broke vertebrae in my neck, broke some ribs, and broke my sternum. Good times, Good times, yes indeed. Oh and while I was rehabilitated my future ex orchestrated the farming out of all my tortoises. I can handle that except two Sulcatas and my pancakes.

kathyb

I am so sorry...things are tough for so many people. Sure sounds like you are going through some trying times. I just had my fifth surgery this summer. Having trouble even paing for my meds. He would definitely be at the vet if I had anything. I would do without. I've tried rescues but I can't seem to reach anyone. Its breaking my heart that he's suffering and I can't help him

kathyb

trust me, I fully understand where you're coming from.
Well it's time now for me to hit the bed. I'll talk with you tomorrow maybe?
Sounds good...you take care. Hopefully he'll have moved something by then. Have a great night

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Sounds good...you take care. Hopefully he'll have moved something by then. Have a great night

How about raising the level of the water a bit...and offering the soak outdoors partially with sun exposure? We don't want the water so deep as to be a drowning hazard but we also don't want it so low that he is only plopped in and standing firmly on the bottom..a bit of toe touching is ok..this will encourage movement...and the sun exposure will rev him up a bit as well as hopefully loosen him up..just be sure to be within rescue if he should wear himself out..the soaks should be for an hour at the least and not less...will he eat anything? If yes, offer him up yummy wet foods..like watermelon, zucchini, squash..stuff he would not always get but that is enticing as well as wet..and dint give up, he literally is depending on you to be determined...

kathyb

How about raising the level of the water a bit...and offering the soak outdoors partially with sun exposure? We don't want the water so deep as to be a drowning hazard but we also don't want it so low that he is only plopped in and standing firmly on the bottom..a bit of toe touching is ok..this will encourage movement...and the sun exposure will rev him up a bit as well as hopefully loosen him up..just be sure to be within rescue if he should wear himself out..the soaks should be for an hour at the least and not less...will he eat anything? If yes, offer him up yummy wet foods..like watermelon, zucchini, squash..stuff he would not always get but that is enticing as well as wet..and dint give up, he literally is depending on you to be determined...
Sounds good....I'll try all that. Our Sun is really limited right now because of all the smoke. But thank you so much. I will definitely try the things you mentioned that I'm not doing.

morganshaw

@kathyb

You and I both know it was a lot more than that! Alcohol is a major issues dad! And I "farmed out" your tortoises cause they were dying! They are all in happy health homes with people that will love to return them when you can care for them, but you can't even care for yourself right now! Time to start focusing on you healing and not hating others for half truths!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
No kidding...Thats what I just said to my daughter. I've been soaking him A LOT. I'm seeing a little but breaking up So I think we are getting there slowly
I do hope so.
And thanks for the update.

Miggymeister

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
This will sound gross but depending on the size are you able to either pick at it with tweezers or even a set of wire cutters- gently of course. If you could just get a piece or two to break off this might all end very quickly.

Good luck to you.

PS. When it DOES pass, please let it know what in the world he ate!