bloating in russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
CoCo has been bloating and i am not noticing it now, but this back area keeps swelling... he came from a local pet store 7 months ago..This is the Mother in laws tortoise and she wants to come and get him soon, but i dont want to send him home to a 9 year old if he is sick....

He had a vet check before i let him hibernate, which he did check out ok to hibernate, woke up every 3 to 4 weeks, came out and played in the RAIN!! So many times i had to redirect him to his home, infact i ended up boxing him in!

I think it was his first time, but i knew he was going to an environment that would be housing him poorly and he would have to hibernate the following year and i didnt want it to be his first...

If you know the story this is my mother-in laws tortoise

Here is a pic of the swelling area when its about 80% down

mind you he just woke up from hibernating and his beak, well its a long story and i havent trimmed it cause the last person that TRIED did this hack job, hoping that i find some one to trim it that has the strength

Swells very large

DSCI0019640x480.jpg

Gets puffy between the neck and upper leg, then goes back down

DSCI0018640x480.jpg

Kidney issues?

I notice him passing urates more than any of my others, infact since he woke up i have seen just urates passed and nothing else

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Doesn't look like bloating to me. :) It looks more like body fat to me. Do you know his SCL and his weight?

Danny

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I will weigh him and measure him i know last year it was a little over 5 inches long ways on the bottom, not sure of the Proper way to measure

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Your scale only goes up to 11 grams?

Danny

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
its just a kitchen ingredient scale....

I bought a small scale for my babies, i got to get a grown up scale now, my son jumped on my other digital one cause he liked seeing the ERR letters on it!! It was growling at him...haha

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think its something like жира коровы. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.