Blanding's Turtle Endangered

promisetolove

5 Year Member
Hi guys :)

I am here just to share a little information about the Blanding's Turtle species. "Emydoidea Blandingii"
Life Span: 75 Years +
Shell Size: Up to 27CM in length.

This species of turtle live North America. And are an endangered/threatened species. The Blanding's Turtle is protected under the Federal Species At Risk Act as well as Canada National Parks Act.

Human interface has a direct impact on the Blanding's Turtle when individuals are collected in the wild for pet trade. Often, adult females of breeding age are captured for sale, since they are easier to locate.

Blanding's Turtles are losing the wild spaces they need to make their homes. The homes they do create are being divided by land and road development. To make matters worse, Blanding's turtles are also in danger from poachers who are removing them from their homes in the wild and illegally selling them as pets.

Earth Rangers have partnered with the Toronto Zoo's head-starting program which raises young turtles indoors and releases them into the wild as soon as they are able to survive on their own.

I have joined Earth Rangers in hopes to support as much as I can to these North American turtles, and help them from becoming extinct.

If you are willing to please donate to my Earth Rangers profile to help me reach a goal for these turtles. Even a few dollars would help so much and shows that we as humans do care about the wildlife out there that are being harmed by human resources.

If interested , please leave your email address and I will email you the link to make a donation.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1391273780.739382.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1391273808.271889.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1391273819.805254.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1391273985.073277.jpg

Thank you for your time !! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][TURTLE]
- fellow turtle owner/lover [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

Last edited by a moderator: