biting and butting

Status
Not open for further replies.

netc

5 Year Member
hi our tortoises have been together since we bought them last august ,not sure about the sex,was supposed to be boy and girl but ive seen very long bits come out of both , recently one of them has been really butting and biting the other , we have split the indoor and outdoor enclosures in half now and separated them , the quiet lazy one drew blood on the lively ones leg but he didnt seem bothered and was just eating leaves while the other one was butting him ,he seems happier than the bullying one , do you think i should separate them for good or try them back together again in a few days ? do they get lonely ? thanks in advance for any replies , net

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I would keep separate. They don't get lonely and once they start fighting they almost never go back to being cage mates.

netc

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
I would keep separate. They don't get lonely and once they stat fighting they almost never go back to being cage mates.

it only used to happen outside now and again ,now its constant and its started indoors as well , they dont look very happy today but that might be our british summer weather ,looks like my husband will be busy making bigger enclosures this weekend then . thank you .

Status
Not open for further replies.