Birds, birds, birds...

Chubbs the tegu

Location (City and/or State)
Ma
There used to be a blue and gold macaw walking around the pet store i used to visit.... that crazy a$$ would chase me around biting my feet lol

Wenzer

JACKSONVILLE, IL
There used to be a blue and gold macaw walking around the pet store i used to visit.... that crazy a$$ would chase me around biting my feet lol

I don't know what it is about feet and toes... But I definitely know what you mean ? my girl is tame and bonded to me, and she likes to chew on my toes... ? Not only that but am I extremely ticklish, lol. Just the other day I got a video of her landing on my feet while I was layed out across my bed, she tried to grab my toes and I shooed her away, so she went and started yanking the tissues out of the tissue box... ? Picked her back up so we could play with her ACTUAL toys, but instead, she wanted to "clean" my feet with the tissues... She had one in her mouth and was swiping it back and forth across the back of my feet lol

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I don't know what it is about feet and toes... But I definitely know what you mean ? my girl is tame and bonded to me, and she likes to chew on my toes... ? Not only that but am I extremely ticklish, lol. Just the other day I got a video of her landing on my feet while I was layed out across my bed, she tried to grab my toes and I shooed her away, so she went and started yanking the tissues out of the tissue box... ? Picked her back up so we could play with her ACTUAL toys, but instead, she wanted to "clean" my feet with the tissues... She had one in her mouth and was swiping it back and forth across the back of my feet lol
I gotta see that haha

K8E K

5 Year Member
N. CA
I thought I'd mention my wifes aviary again....In case anyone would be interested.
At one point, she had like 13 cages in our Sun room. Each cage was in the neighborhood of $250.
I even made her a few cages. Mesh and wood. They all got fouled with poop after a while. And the doors always left a lot to be desired.
A couple of years ago, I found an 8 foot, hexagonal aviary on Ebay (by a Chinese company called Juxtepy. Or something very near that)
It was just $300 and was a sturdy aluminum mesh, aluminum framed walk in cage that a large person could live inside.
I actually assembly it standing and walking around inside of it. And I'm that large person I spoke of...
It is light enough to move once assembled. Strong enough that we have not been able to damage it in any way.
For the money, this thing is a supreme bargain!
Ours is indoors, but mounting it to a cement slab outdoors would also be super easy.
It's large enough to stop aggression and birds can actually fly around in there.
It's the Taj Mahal of bird cages.
And for $300.

View attachment 298865View attachment 298866View attachment 298867
I've seen those on ebay, glad to hear they're pretty solid! Looks nice.

K8E K

5 Year Member
N. CA
Here's our rescue pigeons and one of the young chickens that snuck into the shot... ?

Attachments

• IMG_20200716_094711.jpg
    IMG_20200716_094711.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I've seen those on ebay, glad to hear they're pretty solid! Looks nice.
I've been very impressed.
The only part that sucked was when it arrived (2 boxes) one box had a small hole in it and all of the assembly bolts were missing.
I spent another $40 at Home Depot getting a few bags of nuts and bolts.

K8E K

5 Year Member
N. CA
I've been very impressed.
The only part that sucked was when it arrived (2 boxes) one box had a small hole in it and all of the assembly bolts were missing.
I spent another $40 at Home Depot getting a few bags of nuts and bolts.
Ugh, that does suck. Too much trouble to return but trouble enough to replace parts. Hopefully they gave you some $ back!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ugh, that does suck. Too much trouble to return but trouble enough to replace parts. Hopefully they gave you some $ back!
I honestly don't recall.
But I think that either Ebay or PayPal worked out something.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
@Cathie G
My original posting is:
"Ebay hexagonal aviary review"
By ZEROPILOT
If you search that post, you'll see my original review.
I'm pretty sure I found it on Walmart.com and got it through Hayneedle.
As chatty as they are, I would love to do a zebra finch family in one. I'll look.?