Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Of cause he is handsome.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
that would have made me smile to! lol do you have any full grown purples? i'd love to see if they retain the color

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
that would have made me smile to! lol do you have any full grown purples? i'd love to see if they retain the color
as far as I know ...this is the first one ever hatched ?
I did have a couple others who showed this same trait but not nearly intense. Only time will tell ...along side some more purple hatchlings.~ Also to compound the situation, there seems to be more than just a few variations in Hypomelanism in itself. These haven't been categorized yet, nor fully understood, but there are enough variations in the way Hypomelanism expresses itself to provide a lot of food for thought.
So anything classified as being 'regular hypo' will necessarily be extremely variable in coloration. Chances are it will also be carrying any number of exotic genes as well, but that's up to you to discover.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
as far as I know ...this is the first one ever hatched ?
I did have a couple others who showed this same trait but not nearly intense. Only time will tell ...along side some more purple hatchlings.~ Also to compound the situation, there seems to be more than just a few variations in Hypomelanism in itself. These haven't been categorized yet, nor fully understood, but there are enough variations in the way Hypomelanism expresses itself to provide a lot of food for thought.
So anything classified as being 'regular hypo' will necessarily be extremely variable in coloration. Chances are it will also be carrying any number of exotic genes as well, but that's up to you to discover.

very interesting to know you def gonna keep the purp man right watch him grow? i would if i were in the position lol

after seeing all the awesome different gene lines you produce have you produced a JET black red foot yet? I've only ever seen one on this forum but i can't remember who had it i'd imagine those are a rarity to?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Yes "Purple man" is a keeper......I believe Terry K/ (RF NERD) has produced some very dark animals aka "black RF's" I myself have an adult CherryHead who shows more black tendencies than most other cherries I have owned. Her babies themselves are dark , but I'm more of a "color" guy~ :D
Adult Female CherryHead "Rudy"

some of her offspring

as opposed to this ....

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
i'm moving into a bigger home soon and i'm thinking of getting another tort because i'll have a spare room i can convert to a tort room i'm suck between a marbled red or a black red i'd love a hypo but that'd take some savin lol