Better late than never...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
Over the last few evenings, one of my females has been looking like she was going to lay. She has been with me for three years now, and has never laid (to my knowledge), plus it's so late now in the season, that I wasn't sure what to expect. Sure enough, last night she was digging around again, and at ten o'clock, it looked like she was burying a nest. This morning, I found her nest of 7 EGGS! Needless to say, I'm very pleased with her now, and she'll get an extra nightcrawler today. Hopefully around the beginning of November, I will update.

000_2398.jpg

000_2087.jpg

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Wow, she's finally settled in and proved herself. I bet she starts producing regularly every spring now. Are you confident this is her only clutch this year?

Steve

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I don't know how I could've missed any. I always check late afternoon and at dark, and there's only one place that's suitable to lay. Before this, the biggest clutch I have had was 5. I only have one female that hasn't layed yet, but she was new this year, so I really wasn't surprised. Two of my three newest laid, thouigh.
supremelysteve said:
Wow, she's finally settled in and proved herself. I bet she starts producing regularly every spring now. Are you confident this is her only clutch this year?

Steve

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
7 eggs!!..huge clutch!.......keep us posted in the next 90 days!..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.