Best way to give sulcata calcium?

Katiehu

Location (City and/or State)
SOUTH CAROLINA
I try putting in his pellets that he likes. He only gets them on calcium days. But he always leaves a lot of it. I tried mixing it with greens and grass he want even touch it.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Get a few cuttlefish bones from the pet store. Break them up or let whole....place in your tort’s enclosure.

Any pet store or WalMart has them.... in the bird section.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You must be using too much. You only need a tiny 'pinch' between your thumb and index finger, sprinkled over the greens two times a week.

Calcium rich greens: collards, mustard, kale, turnip greens, bok choy, okra, parsley - ask my friend, Google to list calcium rich greens for you.

Katiehu

SOUTH CAROLINA
You must be using too much. You only need a tiny 'pinch' between your thumb and index finger, sprinkled over the greens two times a week.

Calcium rich greens: collards, mustard, kale, turnip greens, bok choy, okra, parsley - ask my friend, Google to list calcium rich greens for you.
Oh wow. Thank you. I was reading on the package how much to give him. It did seem like a bit much. So all he needs is a pinch? How much would that be exactly?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh wow. Thank you. I was reading on the package how much to give him. It did seem like a bit much. So all he needs is a pinch? How much would that be exactly?
A small pinch between your thumb and pointer finger, a small pinch twice a week.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There's no way to know 'exactly.' It's immeasurable.

Rex1718

5 Year Member
SC
I always leave cuttle bones in the tortoise enclosure. I like them because he gets calcium and it helps trim his beak