Best UVB Tube Fluorescent Brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Island Greek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Long Island New York
I have a Juvenile Greek Tortoise and I want to switch away from the compact coil fluorescent I had been using for a better tube fluorescent. Does anyone have a trusted brand and or intensity? I have separate infrared heat lamps so im strictly interested in the proper UVB. Thank you for all your help in advance :)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Without a solarmeter, I can't compare brands directly. I use Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 bulbs (18-inch, 15 watt) because they allow a 20-inch distance from the bulb while still providing UVB wavelengths. I've had success with these bulbs. I will say they are more expensive than some other brands, but I'd like to know if the cheaper bulbs are comparable because it'd save me money!

If nothing else, this will bump your thread. I like this website for general information (http://www.uvguide.co.uk/fluorescenttubes.htm) and I think they were going to compare manufacturers at some point...

Long Island Greek

5 Year Member
Long Island New York
Redstrike said:
Without a solarmeter, I can't compare brands directly. I use Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 bulbs (18-inch, 15 watt) because they allow a 20-inch distance from the bulb while still providing UVB wavelengths. I've had success with these bulbs. I will say they are more expensive than some other brands, but I'd like to know if the cheaper bulbs are comparable because it'd save me money!

If nothing else, this will bump your thread. I like this website for general information (http://www.uvguide.co.uk/fluorescenttubes.htm) and I think they were going to compare manufacturers at some point...

Thank you for the advice :) I have heard very good things about the repti-sun but wasn't sure if the 10.0 would be too muchfor my juvenile greek. When I click on the link I get a page not found screen :( If I am able to find more info ill reply post on here with the information and thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.