Best Temps For Hatchling CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaywoodKids

5 Year Member
We have a hatchling (3 weeks old tomorrow) desert tortoise and I want to make sure our temps are spot on. What is the best range for a very young CDT?

BaywoodKids

5 Year Member
I have read that daytime temps between 75-90 and nighttime temps between 70-75 are good for desert tortoises in general, but does this apply to hatchling CDTs? Thanks!

BaywoodKids

5 Year Member
ascott said:
http://www.donsdeserttortoises.com/1.html

Here is a link that is a good over all source for information.

There is information and additional resource links to answer your question here as well as some you will likely have.....

Don't forget to post a pic....we LOVE PICS :p

Hi Angela, thanks for the link! Here's a pic of our little one.

1zh2nmd.jpg

BaywoodKids

5 Year Member
Aww, thank you! I've fallen head over heels for this little guy. That said, I'm beginning to believe hatchlings should never be given to anyone without 10-15 + years of tortoise husbandry experience!! Thank goodness I've found you all to help me learn how best to care for him. After having him for about two and a half weeks now he is a completely different animal - very active and much more interested in his food! I am learning the joy of being a tortoise keeper - when he's happy, I'm happy! :)

tami

5 Year Member
Hatchlings are so adorable!! When I got mine they were no bigger then the palm of my hand... Now their just bigger then my palm. Very cute... Enjoy him/her.. LOL

View attachment 28296

I had to grow their clover in a separate pot because they would eat it to the ground!!

Status
Not open for further replies.