Best plants for vivariums

nichola_johnson

Location (City and/or State)
STOKE-ON-TRENT
Hi we are trying to get some plants to put inside RF vivarium in the UK.

I've been told spider plant is there any others which will work well and are safe?

We need to get this weekend

Humbug & Maz

Chesterfield UK
Spider plants work well but you need to be sure that they are tortoise friendly, not just bought from a garden centre where the soil could contain pesticides. There is an on-line shop called The Tortoise Hut in the UK who supply them mail order (although a little pricey) and the quality of the ones I bought is very good.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Pothos work well too. Get some fresh clippings & start some hanging down from small containers. Instant plants while the roots form. A lot will depend on your enclosure.

nichola_johnson

STOKE-ON-TRENT
Spider plants work well but you need to be sure that they are tortoise friendly, not just bought from a garden centre where the soil could contain pesticides. There is an on-line shop called The Tortoise Hut in the UK who supply them mail order (although a little pricey) and the quality of the ones I bought is very good.
Thank u, its great to have someone who's in UK as well, I've ordered some of the site u recommended

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Pothos - https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/pothos/pothos-plant-care.htm

Pothos is very popular due to the fact that it can be grown in water or in dry soil. Cuttings can be taken from a mother plant and rooted in water and kept in water as a houseplant. This is convenient for placing a pothos plant in hard to reach areas in a jug of water where it can remain untouched as long as water remains in the jug.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Information On Caring For Pothos Plants https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/pothos/pothos-plant-care.htm

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
My favorite Go to plants I have in an my redfoot enclosures are Pothos, Spider plants, and Boston Fern. All are really easy to grow and safe for your Torts eat.

Humbug & Maz

Chesterfield UK
My favorite Go to plants I have in an my redfoot enclosures are Pothos, Spider plants, and Boston Fern. All are really easy to grow and safe for your Torts eat.
I didn't know torts could eat pothos as I was told in the past it can be toxic to dogs and cats (even humans) - learn something new every day on here! ??