Best plant to grow in Red Foot Tortoise's terrarium?

jeannettep

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I'm not good at growing plants. But I have had good luck with hibiscus, hosta, aloe vera and spineless prickly pear cactus. I've tried grape vines but they always die on me. But whatever you choose, always make sure to check it is safe for reptiles.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Are you asking about a closed terrarium/habitat or an outside enclosure?

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I didnt see your post in time! Nepenthes Ventrata!
But not necessarily easy to grow per se .....

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Oh never mind, I guess it wouldn't like growth in the substrate of a terrarium....

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I usually pot things in a variety of terra cotta pots that I sink into the substrate, that way I can rotate them out to a sunny window to regenerate. My Russian tortoise nibbles on the plants if I am feeding plenty in his terra cotta food dish. I you don't feed a plentiful and varied diet, they will decimate plantings.

jeannettep

Texas
I usually pot things in a variety of terra cotta pots that I sink into the substrate, that way I can rotate them out to a sunny window to regenerate. My Russian tortoise nibbles on the plants if I am feeding plenty in his terra cotta food dish. I you don't feed a plentiful and varied diet, they will decimate plantings.
I do that too inside enclosures. I like them to eat what I plant and Tom had suggested growing outside of the habitat to put them in to be trampled, nibbled and relocated by my tort. So the swap method does work really well.