Best place to buy tortoises

The crab man

Location (City and/or State)
MILLEN
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy a tortoise. I'm gearing up to buy another sulcata. I ordered my first one from underground reptiles and he has been doing great, but most of the reviews I've seen about them since then have been pretty rough.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Try Tom Roach. I think he has some available right now. He posts on here daily.

Chelseyrf

PORTSMOUTH
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy a tortoise. I'm gearing up to buy another sulcata. I ordered my first one from underground reptiles and he has been doing great, but most of the reviews I've seen about them since then have been pretty rough.
That's where i got mine as well

Chelseyrf

PORTSMOUTH
I've seen an overwhelming amount of people say they have animals full of parasites, or just all around sick. How is yours doing?
Thats so sad. I think hes ok, im so new to this its hard to say but hes eating and active ao i hope those are good signs. How about you?

The crab man

MILLEN
Thats so sad. I think hes ok, im so new to this its hard to say but hes eating and active ao i hope those are good signs. How about you?
Mine is active and healthy. It just so happens I have a vet that specializes in tortoises 30 minutes from me and they say he is absolutely fine.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What species are you looking for?

BlakeElDorado

El Dorado Hills
Advice I wish I listened to five years ago, buy two more or stick with one. I just rehomed my smaller male as he was getting humped (bullied) DAILY by his house mate. They had a half acre to roam and lots of visual barriers.... didn’t help. No joke 15+ times a day my kids would ask why the bigger male was grunting and beating up the smaller male... ??‍♂️

*EDIT: They were both the same age, give or take a few weeks.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Underground is a "middle man" seller.
He buys from whomever is selling. Keeps them for just a moment and then resells.
You could get lucky. You could also buy a very poorly started tortoise.
Its possible that even Riann doesn't know what he's sending you.
Buying from an actual breeder is always best.