Best/most accurate hygrometer

Kingkeeper

Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia
What seems to be the best or most accurate hygrometer out there that you guys are using? And what is the best place to place the probe?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I know of no one that has done head-to-head comparisons with a variety of them to suss out which one is "best".

I use the Accu-Rite ones that can be found at Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowes. They are not "scientific lab grade" accurate, but they are good enough and cost about $12.

Kingkeeper

Philadelphia
I know of no one that has done head-to-head comparisons with a variety of them to suss out which one is "best".

I use the Accu-Rite ones that can be found at Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowes. They are not "scientific lab grade" accurate, but they are good enough and cost about $12.

We do you find is the best place for a good reading with the probe?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We do you find is the best place for a good reading with the probe?
I hang them on the wall, but also move them around to various areas in the enclosure. They don't have a probe.

I put them directly under the heat lamp to set the height/wattage correctly, and I also try the corners and hides at various times of the day and night.