Best concert you’ve been to

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
OMG! I thought I had seen a buncha groups...wow what fun...I was at the Monterrey Pop festival with Janis and Jimmie Hendrix...The Moodies wrote a song about my car called...Hiway Star...lololol
Oh...Joe Cocker...You are so beautiful tooo MEEEE..ha...those were my daze...what a great time to grow up...

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Gotta say...Prince in 97 outdoor ampitheater in Denver was Amazing. But more recently Def Leppard, Poison and Tesla in 2017 . Hell of a lot of fun!!
Red Rocks is where it's at, IMHAO. It even makes Barry Manilow look good.

3 best concerts: David Sanborn, Earth Wind & Fire, & Pat Metheny (actually held at the Pepsi Center due to weather)

Others: Chicago (1970, Indiana University the F*** Nixon tour); Chase (Butler University, early 70's); Jeff Lorber Fusion (opening act for Laine Garrett before they were famous)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It’s a close run thing, but it’s between Queen at Knebworth, UK (1986) and Bruce Springsteen at Wembley, UK when he was on stage for about 4 hours non stop.

Oh and a memorable Dire Straits concert where one of their guitarists was away because his wife had just given birth... the substitute was Eric Clapton!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
It’s a close run thing, but it’s between Queen at Knebworth, UK (1986) and Bruce Springsteen at Wembley, UK when he was on stage for about 4 hours non stop.

Oh and a memorable Dire Straits concert where one of their guitarists was away because his wife had just given birth... the substitute was Eric Clapton!
Not a bad substitute at all

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I seen BMG at Fenway park awhile back ( my ex wanted to go) but it ended up being a pretty cool show.. end of the night i ended up with blue balls haha
I've seen other troupes in Miami and in Sunrise. But the original group stands out for me.
Back then, I hadn't even heard of them.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Sitting by the pond at night and listening to the bull frogs, tree frogs and crickets.

Come on Yvonne!
You’ve NEVER been to a concert in your WHOLE life??? ?

The Stones?
PAUL MCCARTNEY?
The Who?
The Beach Boys???????
Anybody????......

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

JoesMum.....
You just became my FAVORITE!!!
YOU SAW QUEEN!?!??!!!!!
How did he sound!!!!!?
(Dumb question)
Tell me EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
Fat Bottom Girls must have been killer!!!!

Live Aid — still my favorite.
Went in to see Duran Duran and ThePower Station-
CAME OUT SINGING AND IN LOVE WITH QUEEN!!!
Best time my sister,dad and I ever had.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I already mentioned Elton John. But I've also seen the Carpenters, the Lettermen, and Harvey Korman and Tim Conway. Oh, and Victor Borge, and Jayne Torville and Christopher Dean, the Olympic ice dancing team that did 'Bolero'.

Yes, I know I am carbon dating myself! ?‍?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
JoesMum.....
You just became my FAVORITE!!!
YOU SAW QUEEN!?!??!!!!!
How did he sound!!!!!?
(Dumb question)
Tell me EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
Fat Bottom Girls must have been killer!!!!

Live Aid — still my favorite.
Went in to see Duran Duran and ThePower Station-
CAME OUT SINGING AND IN LOVE WITH QUEEN!!!
Best time my sister,dad and I ever had.
I saw Queen twice. Elland Road, Leeds and Knebworth. Freddie Mercury was an amazing showman. I was a Queen fan before Live Aid, Bohemian Rhapsody got me when it was first released. “We will rock you” at a huge venue was amazing. There are so many tracks in their catalogue that I love.

No matter how huge the audience Freddie held it enthralled and you felt much closer to the stage than you were.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I already mentioned Elton John. But I've also seen the Carpenters, the Lettermen, and Harvey Korman and Tim Conway. Oh, and Victor Borge, and Jayne Torville and Christopher Dean, the Olympic ice dancing team that did 'Bolero'.

Yes, I know I am carbon dating myself! ?‍?

Victor Borge is my favorite!!!
That must have been some funny show.
I know and love everyone you mentioned on there and grew up with them!

Ahwahnee

CA
Really enjoyed reading the responses. I found out I would have more in common with you guys. I had a sweet time remembering the concerts that would come through the San Francisco Bay Area.
Most memorable:
Tower of Power
Smokey Robinson
The Cure
Morrissey
Depeche Mode
Sade
Janet Jackson
Marilyn Manson
Radiohead
Earth, Wind & Fire
Stevie Wonder
The Roots
D’Angelo

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Really enjoyed reading the responses. I found out I would have more in common with you guys. I had a sweet time remembering the concerts that would come through the San Francisco Bay Area.
Most memorable:
Tower of Power
Smokey Robinson
The Cure
Morrissey
Depeche Mode
Sade
Janet Jackson
Marilyn Manson
Radiohead
Earth, Wind & Fire
Stevie Wonder
The Roots
D’Angelo
OOH I saw Huey Lewis and the News on his Small World Tour and with the Tower of Power. WOW

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Hello everyone, just been enjoying reading about everyone concerts. My first would be "Prince-Purple Rain" had a wonderful time, partied my A** off. There was even a cat fight right be hide me. Been to many more over time. I've also seen Jerry Lee Lewis, Fat's Domino, Reba McEntire, Hall & Halts, Crystal Galye, Rascal Flatts, Low Cash, Prad Paisley, Gary Allen, Trace Atkins. When I retired, I took a part time job during security at concerts. Billy Joel 2 times, Train , met that gentleman in person. He just happened to using the urinal nest to me in a secured bathroom, we shared a few comments. There were two different times that I did security in the meet and greet room which was just out side the entertainers dressing room. One was Avril Lavigine, we had a few words. She commented me on my how good my Haddlebar mustache was. The second was with Fetty Wap, that was a trip. They were smoking so much "Weed" in their dressings room. I believe I was getting a contact buzz. And when the Baltimore Ravens won the Superbowl in 2001, The Baha Men came to our Parade and sang " Who Let the Dogs out"
They were all good times.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
JoesDad and I did a lot of reminiscing about this last night. He agreed on the top choices I posted earlier, but others worth a mention...

U2
The Rolling Stones
Blondie
Paul Weller
Paul Simon
The Stranglers
Simple Minds
The Christians
Bryan Adams
Mark Knopfler
Meat Loaf...

we have seen quite a few over the years.