Belle and Dozer pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

eudora09

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, Arizona
I thought I would share some pics of my two tortoises. I've had Belle for about a month and a half and I rescued Dozer about 3 weeks ago. I think Dozer is a lot happier now than what he had been. After he saw my chinchilla running around the bedroom a couple of times a day he "knocked" on his cage and kept giving me a look that said "hey when's my turn?" lol. So now he gets to come out and explore the bedroom for a little while and he loves it. I can't wait til it warms up and he can go outside and explore. Belle comes out to play too but she usually just finds me and tries to bury under my legs and hide. She's such a cute little one and she's such a pig lol. She loves to eat (she dives into her bowl and eats and eats and then she sleeps) lol. Dozer is still getting used to eating something besides colorful pellets, so some days he eats everything in front of him and other days he takes a bite and then he walks away and doesn't eat anymore. I love my tortoises and I love their different personalities. Belle is my greek and Dozer is my red foot.

IMG_20101112_123856.jpg

IMG_20101113_120223.jpg

IMG_20101103_153332.jpg

IMG_20101112_123905.jpg

IMG_20101114_121935.jpg

IMG_20101114_121945.jpg

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
Great torts, to bad belle is a girl, other wise you could have "bull" and "Dozer" lol

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
In the third pic, is that plant call something like heart and flowers? Does your tortoises eat that?

eudora09

5 Year Member
Tucson, Arizona
Kenny said:
Great torts, to bad belle is a girl, other wise you could have "bull" and "Dozer" lol

Lol he got his name because he bulldozed every live plant in his cage as soon as he was put in it. So now he only has fake plants and a real dandelion plant since he eats that and doesn't doze it over but sadly the pansies didn't make it.

onarock said:
In the third pic, is that plant call something like heart and flowers? Does your tortoises eat that?

It's called a baby sun rose (on google it pulls it up as a rock rose). No she doesn't eat it she only gets in it to sleep. It's her favorite sleeping spot and if you wake her up and put her somewheres else in the enclosure she looks at you likes she's all mad and then she stomps back to her plant to sleep lol. She only nibbles on the pansies and collards in her enclosure.

Torty Mom said:
Super cute! Thanks for sharing! That last picture is adorable!!!!

Thank you! The last pic is one of my favorites too. Dozer has such a sweet personality and when you talk to him he loves to listen. So the last pic and the third pic are my favorites. Belle's so sweet when she's asleep.

Thanks to ya'll for such nice comments on my babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.