Belated Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irvine, CA
I've been around for about a week now, and have asked many questions but haven't yet introduced myself, so here we go!

My name is David, 28, and have been living in Irvine, CA since Jan '08. I grew up in Hawaii where 'exotic' pet choices are quite limited. I graduated from college in '06 and got my first job in Reno, NV where I promptly drooled over all the amazing pets available. I ended up getting a Chilean Rose tarantula before I even got furniture for my apartment :). I also got a Roborovski Hamster (both illegal in Hawaii.) Mae (my tarantula) is still alive and well, but the hamster died after about a year (lifespan is only 2-3 years.) Along with Mae, I currently have 2 aquariums; a 20g long Betta+bottom feeder tank and a 5.5g Cherry Red Shrimp tank.

The main reason for me starting an introduction thread is to introduce you to Sherman, my ~3 month old Greek hatchling:

I got to meet Dean "TheTortoiseMan" (awesome guy) and pick out my hatchling from about a dozen he had available. Sherman had the lightest colored shell of the bunch, and when I picked him up he gave me those "yes, that's right, you want me!" eyes. He came home with me and is sleeping under some plants in his new home (hiding in the middle):

Dean has a great backyard enclosure with eight adults that roam freely, and 2 enclosures for hatchlings and yearlings. I also got to see his indoor enclosure for new hatchlings that just started eating or haven't even started yet, as well as his incubator with eggs scheduled to hatch soon.

Thanks for all the help, advice, and knowledge you've all shared with me that's led up to this point. Love you guys <3

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Welcome to the forum David. We already feel like we know you. Did you get your tortoise at the expo it didn't sound like it, but I wasn't sure. We love to see pictures and I know that you like to take them so we'll be waiting. :D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
A formal Welcome to you David but as Candy said we feel your already a part of our forum family. Your Greek is beautiful and looks very healthy. Just a word of caution I found recently with my greek hatchlings. I found mine up in the plant. My silk plant is dense and without a top on the enclosure my little climber would have been on the floor (long drop). Out of 3 only 1 climbs just thought I'd give you a heads up just incase you want to move his plant to the middle or put something over it so he can't climb and fall out. Aren't Greeks Great? How could anyone resist those "yes, that's right, you want me!" eyes? I know them well. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi David:

I'm sure I welcomed you as "Kadaan" but here's a David Welcome:

1124827rnl29rqzgh.gif

to the forum!!!

(sorry about that kiss. Didn't know it was there until it posted. Didn't mean to get so personal!!)

Yvonne

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
I actually did move some of the fake plants away from the wall, but mostly because the stubborn little guy wanted to walk along the wall behind him and it looked like he got stuck sideways (with his tummy against the wall) and rear legs flailing in the air :).

The cherry red shrimp are just nice to look at. I have the small tank on my nightstand and like to stare it for a few minutes before going to bed. They're really active and swim all over the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.