Beautiful day, but everyone is hiding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Came home today and it was gorgeous out so I was expecting the tortoises to be basking in sunlight... Instead almost everyone was hiding, some far better than others!
ab418f91.jpg
c79731b4.jpg
e6633650.jpg
52581868.jpg
08d985e8.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Those are some great pics. You can really see a lot of personality. I like the last one. He's saying, "What? I wasn't trying to dig under the fence..."

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
haha! my russian does the exact same thing, if its a nice day he will stay in the shade

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Great photo's, looks like a couple were out enjoying the weather..

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Katherine great pics. That is also a very large looking half log. Humphrey is starting to outgrow the largest one I have been able to find and he loves them so.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Thanks all, and yeah it's a big half log but not big enough for the tortoise who was under it. When he stood up and stepped forward he dragged it with him stuck on his shell ; )

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Actually, the headline should read "Its a beautiful day, so of course, everyone is hiding!"

They love and need sunlight- just not as much as we might want them to. These guys are programmed to sleep, forage, and hide until the time that mating comes into the picture.

You'll get a little more activity out of them with a large, varied pen and scattered feeding sites so they need to work harder for the 'forage' step, but otherwise- a hidden tortoise is usually a happy tortoise!

Status
Not open for further replies.