Beak too worn down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
My sulcata, Karasi, has been digging around in her broken pot hide lately, and when I took her out for a soak I saw that the beak looked odd. Is she wearing it down too much against the terra-cotta? Or is it just stained from eating her hibiscus? (orange..) I'm not sure, but I was just a bit worried...

Attachments

• image-3977658675.png
    image-3977658675.png
    755.4 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2626447670.png
    image-2626447670.png
    168.7 KB · Views: 67

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Haha! She does look like she was shocked I caught her going through my makeup or something :p lol! Thank you guys! :D I was just making sure!

chicagojohn

5 Year Member
If this were a wear issue, it would not be so uniformly distributed.
At one time, we were also concerned about the coloration inside our tortoise's mouth. It was from the food being eaten; something the original colors change from oxidation in the air or interaction with tort saliva. Our tortoise loved hibiscus flowers when we had them, and I do believe they caused a purple coloration in his mouth, not the edges. (again orange)

tortle

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
My tort's mouth was like that when it used to eat kale all the time. Now that it eats more variety, its mouth is clean again.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Food stains, no biggie. Warm bath with shed ease might help lighten it up and then repeat in a week or so to get the lipstick off ;-)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Love the eyes lol I've never seen my Franklin make a face like that, and I handle him alot cuz I just can't leave him alone ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.