Be Honest...as cute as Bob, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
You're joking. They have no personality?????? All of mine... including the little ones have a distinct personality.

emysemys said:
No, they have absolutely NO personality at all. Its my own fault. I don't humanize my tortoises. I've had them since they were hatchlings, 9 years ago, and it has taken this long for So to realize that I am the food goddess. Yesterday I was using the Weedeater in their pen and knocking down the tall grass and every time I stepped back, I would bump into her. She was following me all around the pen.

Yvonne

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Yvonne. Have you tried feeding the mazuri dry? Or not as soaked? It looks like a lot might go to waste...?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Laura said:
Yvonne. Have you tried feeding the mazuri dry? Or not as soaked? It looks like a lot might go to waste...?

It depends upon how long you allow the water to stay on it. It really absorbs fast, and if I'm busy doing something else while I'm soaking it I sometimes forget to drain off the excess in time. But none of it goes to waste. They keep picking at it until all the crumbs have been picked up.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
What is it with this Mazuri???? Why do they love it so much? Even my little Three Toed, who hides most of the time and is still hating me...comes running when I put it out for them.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hermy goes crazy for a piece of Mazuri!!! I really do not know why they love it so much, I will ask Hermy tonight and see if I get an answer :D

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Yes yes yes , that Mazuri.
Created a little monster with my Nougat. I have been trying to "wean" him off it, but having not much luck. I am thinking maybe I will just give it to him everyday untill he gets sick of it, them maybe he will eat his veggies!!!! I wonder if it works with kids, give them ice cream every day untill they get sick of it and ask for Brussel sprouts???!!!!
I'll let you know.
Na

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Mistake to take the tortoise off of it...

Nay said:
Yes yes yes , that Mazuri.
Created a little monster with my Nougat. I have been trying to "wean" him off it, but having not much luck. I am thinking maybe I will just give it to him everyday untill he gets sick of it, them maybe he will eat his veggies!!!! I wonder if it works with kids, give them ice cream every day untill they get sick of it and ask for Brussel sprouts???!!!!
I'll let you know.
Na

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Nay I use mazuri for all my boxies. That's the only way I can get them to eat veggies. I chop up the greens really fine and mix it in. They usually finish the whole plate, so I know they are getting their greens and veggies. I only give it to Pio on occasion, because he won't eat the next day waiting for it.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hermy does the same thing as Pio Terry, the next day, he will wait for me in front of his greens with his cute little patouti face.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Pio does this with any kind of worm and mazuri. The next day he comes out on his little fat legs and when he sees the greens he will sit there for a while and then walk around the whole enclosure ....sit again for a while ...go in his hide and I won't see him for the rest of the day. My Chihuahua's do this too if I give them table food one day, then the next day they won't eat. Spoiled rotten kids. Chewy...she will eat anything I give her. I think she has the most personality of any of my mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.