Bathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I soak my baby sulcataa everyday in warm water, but i have never seen him poop in it yet, iv had him for two weeks so far and he poops in the cage usally! Is this normal? Or is there any tips how to relax him so he will poop when i bath him?[/align]

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
i think it will just poop where it wants to. my big one doesn't poop in his bath (thankfully!). my baby redfoot does everytime. i guess you can lead a tortoise to water but can't make him poop!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
All of mine poop in the water. Keeps their enclosures nice and clean. Try leaving him in there longer. Just make sure its stays warm enough. I use 90 degree water and soak under a small heat lamp in an 80 degree room. Sometimes I'll soak them for 45 minutes to an hour. Usually 10 minutes is sufficient, but I've found no harm in going longer.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Ok i will try that tomorrow, i usally bath him for 10-15 min and sometimes he sits there and likes it and other times he tries to get out of the tuberware

lindsay44

5 Year Member
it starts to look milky and if i accidentally leave it too long it turns sorta yellowish

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
My older one does not poop in the water, he has never done it and my new addition has not pooped in the water and I hope that it continues that way. But, as long as they poop on a regular basis, I could care less where they do it.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Because i think once i seen in the bowl something that looked kinna like vegtable oil which was probaly pee

TheCobbler

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Hello! I'm new at this, but my torts never done his business in the bath. I've left him in there for a half our a couple times and he just didn't go. Generally, he goes outside because I let him free roam for a few hours and I think he's more comfortable pooping in private. He does usually poo where his watering and shading area is though. Also, when do you soak him? If he hasn't eaten or digested food yet then he probably wont poop or has pooped somewhere else.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Mine poops every time I soak him.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tom said:
All of mine poop in the water. Keeps their enclosures nice and clean. Try leaving him in there longer. Just make sure its stays warm enough. I use 90 degree water and soak under a small heat lamp in an 80 degree room. Sometimes I'll soak them for 45 minutes to an hour. Usually 10 minutes is sufficient, but I've found no harm in going longer.

I can attest to TOM's pooping torts. We were gone for about 20 minutes...when we came back it looked like someone was having a POOP PARTY.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
The key is warm water...I start at 90* and let it ease down to 80-85*...and I'll leave them in for an hour or two...or until they poop...whichever occurs first (usually the latter:p)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
DeanS said:
The key is warm water...I start at 90* and let it ease down to 80-85*...and I'll leave them in for an hour or two...or until they poop...whichever occurs first (usually the latter:p)

We do almost the same, just not the two hour part. :shy:

j14j8p.jpg

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
ALDABRAMAN said:
DeanS said:
We do almost the same, just not the two hour part. :shy:

Yeah! That happens once in a blue moon! The water is usually compromised within the first 45 minutes or so!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.