Bath time

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuMac

5 Year Member
So we've had Peaches for a week now and I decided to give her a soak. She seemed to be very relaxed and was pretty active. She is doing great. Feeding well, sleeping and basking at regular times. All good.
image_zpsa692a26a.jpg

image_zps20d8c21b.jpg

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
CedarCreekLake, Texas
everyone enjoys a nice long warm soak and Peaches is no exception!

Urtle

5 Year Member
Hello Peaches! She looks like she's enjoying herself :)

StuMac

5 Year Member
image_zps6d5cb32c.jpg

Another bath. And drip dry for a change.

image_zps23f2226c.jpg

Enjoying some rare Aberdeenshire sunshine. And doing some gardening at the same time! [TURTLE]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
... drip dry for a change...

It is a bit noisy when you put them in the tumble dryer.... ;)

It is also great that we have had a couple of spring days this weekend in the UK. I wish the forecast wasn't for autumn next week :(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
That's us too. Autumn. High of 50-58f with steady drizzle. For the last week or so, and as out as the weather guessers are guessing. Yesterday was partial clearing and I was in the old horse barn under cover building indoor tortoise habitats.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Cowboy_Ken said:
That's us too. Autumn. High of 50-58f with steady drizzle. For the last week or so, and as out as the weather guessers are guessing. Yesterday was partial clearing and I was in the old horse barn under cover building indoor tortoise habitats.

Bleccchhh... That is NOT good tortoise weather!

StuMac

5 Year Member
It's soul destroying weather in Aberdeenshire. I am very much an outdoors person and being stuck inside gets me real depressed. So when we had the great sunshine this weekend I was out in my garden for 4 hours with the tort. She loved the freedom and found some good places to burrow....today it has been dull and drizzly with more to come. Not happy time for me or Peaches...we need out to graze dammit!! [TURTLE]

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Was thunder storms last week in Manchester. Sunny this weekend, now it's pouring down. I'm off to St. Ives at weekend which is apparently sunny then. SO wish I could take my tort, I just know she'd love the sea ;)

StuMac

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
... drip dry for a change...

It is a bit noisy when you put them in the tumble dryer.... ;)

It is also great that we have had a couple of spring days this weekend in the UK. I wish the forecast wasn't for autumn next week :(

Very true! The shell rattles a fair bit!! [TURTLE]

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
A friend of mine dropped her tortoise off for me to care for it while she is on vacation. Now that I think if it though, she should have taken her tortoise with her. She's headed to sunny and warm, Phoenix, Arizona!

StuMac

5 Year Member
Sunny and warm.... Not something I'm overly familiar with :( That explains why my skin is so pale. I spent a month in West Africa with my work... And still came home without a tan! Seriously. I think I need to get myself a UV lamp for indoors [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

StuMac

5 Year Member
image_zps0f435368.jpg

My toddler Zakk and Peaches having a chinwag in the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.