Basking spot

Brent_vdw

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and verry suprised how active this forum is :)

I bought 2 yellow belly sliders 6 months ago. They live in an aquarium with an basking spot that is 4x so big as the biggest turtle.
So I want to make one myself, I am not a big fan of the floating docks, but I am handy enough to build one myself:cool:
I just want to know what materials I need, wood will get to wet and the stones I have are to sharp. I had an idea of using PVC pipes, they are cheap and easy to use. But still dont know out of what I can make an platform and a little ladder. Mayby I can makea sandbaskig spot but I think the sand is going to turn in mud though all the water that the turtles carry on:(. If someone can send me photos of a nice sand basking spot or give me tips to make an other basking spot, I wil truly love that.

(Btw sorry for my bad english)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Brent:

Go to Amazon.com and put in "turtle landing dock." They have several different types they are selling, made out of plastic, so they would last a long time.

nwachter

I love using floating driftwood. Looks really nice and is easy for them to climb on.

Brent_vdw

I also wanted to buy a Platform, but the problem is I am underage and got not that much money :$
mayby I can buy floating driftwood but I dont know where I can get some.
Is there a way to make it myself?