Basking light for a musk turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

mel262011

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Robertsdale, AL
I just got a musk turtle from my friend on Monday and I was wondering if I need a basking light. I have been doing some reading and have been getting different answers. Can someone please tell me if I need one for the little guy? Thanks in advance!

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
I have my little musk in with DBT's so he has a basking light, but he's never used it, he's rarely even on that side of the aquarium much less basking under it.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
From what I've read about Musks, though they don't often use a basking spot, it's still a good idea to provide one... Kind of a "just in case" thing. Again, though, that's just what I've read... Don't have any personal experience to offer, sorry!

mel262011

5 Year Member
Robertsdale, AL
I have a uv light that is on all day that the little guy likes to stay under, but he is still in the water.

judy wayte

5 Year Member
i have two razor backs they never bask out of the water but they will stick there heads out of the plants under the light. i was told uv can penatrate 6 to 8 in. of water.they bask under the water. i have power sun mvb in all tanks.hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.