Basking spot

AztecPurse101

Location (City and/or State)
Kuala Lumpur
I recently got two baby leopard tortoises and the pet shop gave me a open glass table 56cm(W)x45cm(L). I know that’s very small for two tortoises ?. The light dome for my basking lamp is 21cm with 80watt and i just realized thats very big for a very small table. Oh, and the lamp is also placed 34 cm from the table. The basking spot is about 39-40 degrees and the cooler/warmer side is 28 degrees. The room temperature in my house is about 29 degrees. Im in the process of making a proper and big enclosure but until then, do you think i should leave my basking lamp on or not? Im scared it’ll get too hot from where they sleep under and they’ll get dehyrdrated :( i soak them in water daily for 10 mins and make sure i mist the soil regularly.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Your temps aren't that bad. The basking area is just a bit warm, but the cool side is fine.

Do you know that they need to be separated? Each should have his own enclosure. And each needs to be in a closed chamber so temps and humidity can be well controlled.

Read this care sheet, and come back with questions and concerns. We'll be happy to help you throughout the process.