Barry Lambert - Spectrum Reptiles

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Considering Barry has been involved with an interest in Reptiles for 30 years or so, and is an advanced hobbyist ~ part time professional I figured a complete lack of comments on the negative side of the spectrum was indeed a good sign.

I went and met-up with Barry.

In short if he has something you are interested in I would call the transaction a very good risk* to take.

*Risks come as 'bad' and 'good' yeah? So a good risk is one worth taking.

He posts many animals for sale in faunaclassified as do many people who offer animals for sale here on TFO as well as KingSnake. The name on his adds is Spectrum Reptiles. He is based here in San Diego.

Will

Spectrum Reptiles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Yup, bought 9 reptiles overseas over a decade ago from a guy who said he sends animals to the USA all the time. Was a big mistake and wasn't part of any smuggling ring. They sure make it look good in the papers though. Haha!! I offer nice legal animals and definitely don't buy/sell overseas without the proper docs. Lesson learned.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
I posted for sale a LTC captive cuora bourreti on Turtle&Tortoise classifieds on the FB about a month ago.
Barry Lambert immediately questioned my integrity and basically accused me of lying in my add. This cost me the pending sale of the animal.
Another individual was chiming in with pure opinions on the animal as well, but proceeded to apologize when he learned who I am.
In 2011 I advertised my CB cuora pani for sale. Barry Lambert emailed me regarding them and insisted first that my turtles were deformed. Next he told me they were hybrid turtles not pure pani. He had absolutely no backing for his assertions when asked. He was looking for a big discount.

Avoid Barry Lambert, he is an opinionated arrogant individual. People such as this should not be supported. BTW most animals he has for sale can be obtained from other sources.

Thanks again to KellyH, tortadise, for backing me up in that ridiculous banter on the FB!

BLUAZUL1

5 Year Member
Round Rock Texas
I have brought from Barry several times good communication ,well packaged quality reptiles, seems like a really good guy.