Banana leaves

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
We fed our 3-4 year old Aldabras banana leaves for the first time about two weeks ago. They seemed to really enjoy eating them. About 7-10 days later they started pooping out giant wads of easily recognizable leaves. They appear to be one of the least digestible things we have ever fed them. For those with Aldabras, how often to you feed banana leaves? Have you noticed that they pass through relatively unchanged?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Ok, no Aldabra here, but our Sully L O V E S fresh banana leaves. I try to feed our Sully a few leaves a day from our home-grown fresh off the “tree” banana leaves. Sully starts at the tip and polishes off a 5 ft banana leaf or two every few days. The leaves are full of water/moisture, provide a ton of roughage. All good here with a few nice large BMs of banana, grass, grape leaves & more ! ?

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
I've had the same stringy poop situation whenever my REDFOOT eat banana or plantain leaves.
I don't think I would describe it as stringy. It looked liked they passed the leaves completely unchanged, just a bit darker. Next time I will try to feed them a lot less of it.