Balland's Tortoise Ranch

Nickolas

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Has anyone here ever made any purchases from Balland's or know anything about them?

I know Richard Fife sold his ivory line to them, so I was curious to see if anyone had any experience with them, as I am considering making a deposit on their August/September hatch of ivories.

I have already reached out to them a few hours ago about their husbandry, but I figured it would be good to see if anyone here knows anything.

Thank you

-Nick

Nickolas

Pennsylvania
Just a follow-up on this thread.

I still have not heard anything back from them.

Does anyone know anything about this company or have any experience with them?

Thank you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Look for the thread about 28 sick baby sulcatas. When you find it send the original poster a private message asking where he bought his sick ivory babies because you are considering buying from Ballands and don't want to buy sick babies.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
be very very careful buying right now with austwickia going around its a nasty disease and there is no real cure for it. you are welcome to message me for more info if you would like.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
be very very careful buying right now with austwickia going around its a nasty disease and there is no real cure for it. you are welcome to message me for more info if you would like.
At least from a forum perspective, reported sick torts suffering from this specific virus appeared to have lessened in the last 3-4 months. Now it's reared it's ugly head. Is this because of the natural course of nature, breeding, nesting, etc.

Is it

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
yes you are correct its now becoming an issue again just much later in the year then last year

Jan A

Boulder, CO
At least from a forum perspective, reported sick torts suffering from this specific virus appeared to have lessened in the last 3-4 months. Now it's reared it's ugly head. Is this because of the natural course of nature, breeding, nesting, etc.

Is it
Is it passing down from "biological" parents or thru breeder conditions?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Because of the nasty disease being discussed above, you would do much better buying from a well known breeder on this forum. One that is very active and breeding for some time.

Nickolas

Pennsylvania
Alrighty!

Thank you everyone for your input!

?

I appreciate your time!

I have reached out to Tom about his Sudan Babies. I doubt he still has any from this July, but it is absolutely worth a crack at!

-Nick