Bad Tortoise Owner

@ndrew

Location (City and/or State)
South Gate, CA
Hello everyone. The title for my thread may have caught your attention so let me introduce myself.

My name is Andrew,

I am a parent of two sulcata tortoises. I have been reading a lot of threads on here for maybe a few weeks already. I have really learned a lot and have seen how bad of a parent I have been. When I got my first tortoise at first I was really excited and babied him for a few months. Then like a lot of people I got distracted and didn't give my tortoise the attention and care that it needed. I a few months back started noticing that the health of my tortoises wasn't up to par so it really worried me so I started to do lots of research to try to improve his health. So far I have seen that he has been better and I think I have been doing a lot of positive things for him. I have really been investing in my tortoise. I even went and did a stupid thing by buying another tortoise. Little by little I think I am improving my skills and knowledge as a tortoise parent. Well thanks for this awesome community of tortoise owners and I will post questions and ask for advice when needed.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot to learn here.
Can you post pictures of your tortoises?

@ndrew

South Gate, CA
The one with mouth open is Hank. And the little one by the water dish is Peggy. I named them after the "Hill's."

_DSC4970_1.jpg _DSC4912_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Andrew welcome to the TFO from AZ . I like the house in the first pict wish I could see more of the house and the enclosure . Hope you have them in different enclosures torts don't do well in pairs . And please don't wait to ask advice feel free to step in and help others . But have a great tort day !

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Great to have you here! And don't be so hard on yourself!

Coming here is a huge milestone in our progression as tortoise keepers. Good work.

Anthony

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Your not the only bad parent on here, most of us have been there. The good news, you found this forum and will get all the good info.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Welcome to the Forum. There is a wealth of information on this Forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Andrew, and welcome to the Forum!

Please be sure to read the pinned threads at the top of the Sulcata section.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I think all of us have been given some bad advice over the years. I hope we can help you and your tortoises.