Bad news about the eggs ..

Turtle girl 98

Location (City and/or State)
Sandstone mn
You may have done something that nature wouldn't have done at all. So cherish Bubba and don't forget the photos. My meager life is so enriched by the deeds of all that dare to do!
Thank you. In all honesty I think if I would've left the nest not even bubba would've survived. I'm just thankful I was able to save bubba and will be cherishing him. Also pictures to follow ( possibly tonight) he looks like he has grown already. He has certainly gained a place in my [emoji3590]. Thank you everyone for you caring comments. I don't think I could've done it without you guys. I don't understand natural selection, why bubba survived and the others didn't, that was the worst part of the whole thing.. I'm counting my blessings.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Please do! I have tortoises now, but back in the early 1980's, I had a three toed turtle for a very very long time. She was great.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I have a 14 year old male leopard tortoise and a 1 and a half western hermann. That are great. My grandparents, who raised me, helped me with the turtle. They would show their friends. My turtle was a party favorite, especially in Chicago.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
I have a 14 year old male leopard tortoise and a 1 and a half western hermann. That are great. My grandparents, who raised me, helped me with the turtle. They would show their friends. My turtle was a party favorite, especially in Chicago.
Oh awesome! That is a very sweet story! Love it. I was raised by my grandmother so I can imagine how proud they were of you and your turtle.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well guys I went to check on the other baby.... He has passed as well.. I think they just weren't strong enough and that's why they didn't hatch. I tried.. at least I got bubba.

Oh no!!! I’m so sorry!
Well you and Bubba will have a life time of adventures to make up for it.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thank you! It sucks but I know I couldn't have changed the outcome. I tried. Bubba is doing very well. Eating and drinking good to. Keeping my eyes on him now.. [emoji55] he even looks like he has grown since he hatched last week. That might sound crazy lol
Great to hear Bubba is coming along.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I'm so sorry about the babies that didn't make it, but I'm so glad Bubba is doing well. And I agree, I think you gave them all a fighting chance that they would not have had otherwise. (Mother Nature is not at all kind to babies.) You did the right thing. You cared enough to give it your best. Take comfort in that. And take comfort in knowing that this learning experience (painful though it has been) will most likely change the outcome of other eggs and hatchlings in the future... The ones who will survive and thrive because of everything that you have learned and experienced.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
I'm so sorry about the babies that didn't make it, but I'm so glad Bubba is doing well. And I agree, I think you gave them all a fighting chance that they would not have had otherwise. (Mother Nature is not at all kind to babies.) You did the right thing. You cared enough to give it your best. Take comfort in that. And take comfort in knowing that this learning experience (painful though it has been) will most likely change the outcome of other eggs and hatchlings in the future... The ones who will survive and thrive because of everything that you have learned and experienced.
Thank you very much! Yes it has been very difficult but I have learned awhile heck of alot from this. So glad Bubba made it and is thriving. He just ate his first turtle pellet today [emoji3526] yes with where the mama laid them I don't think they would have had much of a chance at all. I did my best and saved one baby. Thank you so much for the kind words Pasteltortie. I greatly appreciate them. I have kicked myself enough for the babies who didn't make it, that there is no point in keeping thinking I could've changed the outcome. I wish there would've been a happier ending but Bubba is doing great [emoji3526] so I guess there is a happy ending [emoji3526]

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Thank you very much! Yes it has been very difficult but I have learned awhile heck of alot from this. So glad Bubba made it and is thriving. He just ate his first turtle pellet today [emoji3526] yes with where the mama laid them I don't think they would have had much of a chance at all. I did my best and saved one baby. Thank you so much for the kind words Pasteltortie. I greatly appreciate them. I have kicked myself enough for the babies who didn't make it, that there is no point in keeping thinking I could've changed the outcome. I wish there would've been a happier ending but Bubba is doing great [emoji3526] so I guess there is a happy ending [emoji3526]
Under the circumstances, and with the hand you were dealt, you couldn't have changed this outcome, this time. Next time, however....... You're already holding a stronger hand.

And by the way.... I'm proud of you. :)

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Under the circumstances, and with the hand you were dealt, you couldn't have changed this outcome, this time. Next time, however....... You're already holding a stronger hand.

And by the way.... I'm proud of you. :)
Thank you so much. Next time, I have more knowledge and of course everyone on this wonderful forum to help me [emoji171] thank you so much ! You have no idea how much I needed to hear that..