Bad morning

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Sometimes, no matter how blessed we are, and no matter how hard we try to keep our "mind right", a crappy morning will still happen.

Within an hour at 4am this morning I learned that my mortgage check(I'm a dinosaur) sent 3 weeks ago is still in lala land at the USPS and I'm now overdue for the 1st time in my life, my gas credit card was declined then 30 minutes later, my Check Engine came on in my truck that I'm not quite done paying for..................arrrRRaugh!

Okay, I'm good now, thank you for the platform....................

Shaking my head ruefully......

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Dang. Things-in-threes, eh?

I'm sure the bank told you you can fix the mortgage payment on the phone (but in case they didn't, you can).

-Zen, who found she liked online banking during that interval when her brains went sideways

((hugs))

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They say things happen in 3's so hopefully you are done for a long time, that's the bright side.
Mortgage can be easily fixed, I know, your record is broken but that should be all. The credit card. My son's bank debit/credit card for some reason won't work at some gas stations. The bank even told him that. My opinion, then fix it.
Maybe that's the same with yours.
Hope the rest of your day goes great!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Get with the program, dinosaur! I'm 83 and have been banking and paying bills online for about five years now. It's SO convenient. And quick too. My SS check is deposited into my account on the second Wednesday of the month. Sometimes that's pretty damned close to the 15th, when some of my bills are due. But I've never been late yet. Haven't bought checks for four or five years. Stamps either.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Sometimes, no matter how blessed we are, and no matter how hard we try to keep our "mind right", a crappy morning will still happen.

Within an hour at 4am this morning I learned that my mortgage check(I'm a dinosaur) sent 3 weeks ago is still in lala land at the USPS and I'm now overdue for the 1st time in my life, my gas credit card was declined then 30 minutes later, my Check Engine came on in my truck that I'm not quite done paying for..................arrrRRaugh!

Okay, I'm good now, thank you for the platform....................

Shaking my head ruefully......
Sorry to hear all this.

Re: the check engine light, is your gas cap on securely? I had a car whose check engine light would come on if the gas cap was not fully tightened, and maybe your truck is the same way.

I thought in your frustration regarding the CC, you might have forgotten to tighten the cap down all the way, or even left it open as I sometimes see people doing here in GA.

Admittedly, it's a stretch, but I figured I would mention it just in case.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
All online expect for the City water/trash bill. We have to send a blank check to the person in the special department that will set up the account to transfer. UH NO! They get my completed check for the bill monthly so why can't they do it that way? Sketchy, but it is Richmond after all a modern city stuck in the past with only bolts of future lightening!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Thanks guys.....too funny.....I never even thought about the "3's". Maybe that means the bad run is over! Yeah, my kids were embarrassed so bad I had to stop writing checks when we were out....they use Debits, I use Discover<LOL>

The gas card was the firms and the owner was having the same trouble so he'll get it resolved. The truck is likely only new COP-coil over plugs. I ran the codes at the office since I have one of those ELM322's in the glovebox, misfire on #5 so that will get resolved and the mortgage, screw 'em, my credit sparkles....they will get over it pretty quickly.....but I'm not an idiot(least I don't think I am....uh oh, what does THAT mean?) so I'll give to tonight, then call them tomorrow to pretend I care and I'll whine about not paying the fee and we'll see what happens. I hate the principle of paying them AGAIN over the phone when I have a check floating out there in Neverland but it's in my expectations so I won't be blindsided when they say it. Kerry is MUCH better than I am at this but we aren't married yet so I don't like asking her to deal with that kind of stuff....yet.

With the USPS announcing last month that they were slowing service to 1970 levels, I fully expected 3 weeks to be sufficient, apparently it is not. Shame to pay for services that fail us but it will probably force my into setting it up online. I don't tend to let others make me look bad since I've got a track record that says I can do it better.

So there you go Y, I may move into this century after all!

Thanks again all!

jeff

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sorry to hear all this.

Re: the check engine light, is your gas cap on securely? I had a car whose check engine light would come on if the gas cap was not fully tightened, and maybe your truck is the same way.

I thought in your frustration regarding the CC, you might have forgotten to tighten the cap down all the way, or even left it open as I sometimes see people doing here in GA.

heck engine light is often an oxygen sensor...I drove from my house to my sister's with my check light on...then I drove home...and it was on until I got around Mt Shasta it turned off and hasn't come back on in a couple of years...So don't project that it's gonna be terrible...might not be...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
heck engine light is often an oxygen sensor...I drove from my house to my sister's with my check light on...then I drove home...and it was on until I got around Mt Shasta it turned off and hasn't come back on in a couple of years...So don't project that it's gonna be terrible...might not be...
For those who don't know, Maggie's house is in Oregon and her sister's house is in central California. . . so quite the feat!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Sorry to hear all this.

Lots of mechanics have made lots of money on people not knowing that.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ok I should not have read this thread ? after replacing an old old water heater yesterday... the furnace went nuts and won't work even though the pilot has been relit. Then the kitchen sink went nuts and started leaking. All that stuff is new too but what's crazy is to shut off the hot water side after shutting off the shut off valves I have to turn the hot water side of the faucet all the way on!!!! to get the leak stopped. WHAT EVER!!!! How is that even possible? I hate to see the third thing. Does it work to close your eyes???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks guys.....too funny.....I never even thought about the "3's". Maybe that means the bad run is over! Yeah, my kids were embarrassed so bad I had to stop writing checks when we were out....they use Debits, I use Discover<LOL>

The gas card was the firms and the owner was having the same trouble so he'll get it resolved. The truck is likely only new COP-coil over plugs. I ran the codes at the office since I have one of those ELM322's in the glovebox, misfire on #5 so that will get resolved and the mortgage, screw 'em, my credit sparkles....they will get over it pretty quickly.....but I'm not an idiot(least I don't think I am....uh oh, what does THAT mean?) so I'll give to tonight, then call them tomorrow to pretend I care and I'll whine about not paying the fee and we'll see what happens. I hate the principle of paying them AGAIN over the phone when I have a check floating out there in Neverland but it's in my expectations so I won't be blindsided when they say it. Kerry is MUCH better than I am at this but we aren't married yet so I don't like asking her to deal with that kind of stuff....yet.

With the USPS announcing last month that they were slowing service to 1970 levels, I fully expected 3 weeks to be sufficient, apparently it is not. Shame to pay for services that fail us but it will probably force my into setting it up online. I don't tend to let others make me look bad since I've got a track record that says I can do it better.

So there you go Y, I may move into this century after all!

Thanks again all!

jeff
Someone probably dropped your bill while transferring it to a truck. I've seen that many times. Lost mail on the ground and also delivered to the wrong place. And even if you start doing stuff online that is not with out bull crap too. I pay a lot of bills by phone with my debit card and use a credit card online but pay back by my phone also.?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
OTOH, my 2002 Ford SportTrak has had its check engine light on for YEARS. Moved to OK & it finally needed a tune-up going from Mile High to 300' elevation. Took a month for the local guy to do it, but it's tuned up. Check the engine light is gone. Life is good....on that front. It's ALWAYS something!

Houdini says hi!!

Attachments

• 20211013_115052.jpg
    20211013_115052.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
OTOH, my 2002 Ford SportTrak has had its check engine light on for YEARS. Moved to OK & it finally needed a tune-up going from Mile High to 300' elevation. Took a month for the local guy to do it, but it's tuned up. Check the engine light is gone. Life is good....on that front. It's ALWAYS something!

Houdini says hi!!
Houdini is beautiful, love those red spots.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

Houdini says hi!!
Houdini looks so cute! He's done soaking I guess...lol

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Houdini looks so cute! He's done soaking I guess...lol
That's about the best he can do for now until he grows some more. He is so pleased with himself. He maybe does this once in a while when he is really DONE, not just doing a little treading.