Backyard Plant ID's Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekm5015

5 Year Member
Hi,
I have a few plants in my backyard that I'm not sure about what they are or if they are save for a sully. I live in the Northeast US (Pennsylvania) if that helps with the identification at all. **I know about the challanges of keeping a sully in an area like PA.

This is part of the backyard which recieves full sunlight about 8 hours per day. As you can see there is plenty of trees for shade. The small enclosure you see is not the primary home at this point. He is only about 4 months old, so he goes out a few times a week for a few hours a day.
34xizhe.jpg

Plant 1: This grows in some parts of the lawn. Sheldon seems to have no interest in it.
5flpj9.jpg

Plant 2: This tends to grow in shady areas of the lawn. Has not been introduced to Sheldon yet.
11b4vop.jpg

Plant 3: This is a weed growing in the lawn. Is it plantain?
oqyr83.jpg

Plant 4: This is in a garden on the side of the house...is it hosta?
fuzut.jpg

Along with these, my lawn is littered with dandelions, white clovers, and a few types of grasses. I think it supplies a good variety. Any help on the ID's would be greatly appreciated.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
#1 Not sure :p
#2 is Garlic Mustard----edible
#3 is Greater Plantain----edible
#4 is Hosta----edible

Danny

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
#1 looks like cinquefoil, but I'm no expert. Google search it and compare some pics to yours. Have you seen it flower? That might help ID it.

If it is cinquefoil, its edible. Mine eat it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.