backwaterreptiles.com (SCAM)

tortoiseplanet

Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Beware!
Never buy from
http://www.backwaterreptiles.com

I recently purchased a Russian tortoise from backwater reptiles and he came in dead at arrival. Horrible. I then contact them he is diseased the same day. They tell me to send a picture of the bottom of his shell and the shipping label. I did. They then ask me to send a clear photo of his face. I did.
Then they email me:
“Thank you for the updated snapshot--so sad to see :( Upon review of your order I see that being more than a week past delivery, your Live Arrival Guarantee has expired.”

What a scam. Do not buy from them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So very sorry. Wish you had checked out our vender review area first. I believe there are several threads about the poor quality of these people.
Again very sorry.
I wouldn't give up the fight though of getting a replacement from them or your money back.

Salspi

Chicago
I have been reading about this company screwing people over for years. And it still keeps happening. How are they still around?

Lopenator

Ny
I actually bought a couple pythons from them. One died like 10 days after arrival. They told me my warranty on them expired. I kept nagging them, and I was able to get another 50% off. Still not right, I know, but it is what it is. I don't use them anymore

tortoiseplanet

Earth
I actually bought a couple pythons from them. One died like 10 days after arrival. They told me my warranty on them expired. I kept nagging them, and I was able to get another 50% off. Still not right, I know, but it is what it is. I don't use them anymore

Sorry about your loss. I though contacted them the day it came in the mail. They kept asking for more photos and replied late so they can exceed 7 days then tell me the warrantee has expired. Dirty people.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
So, for everyone who might see this and say "I wish TFO had a vendor review" guess what? There is a vendor review. This particular episode of Backwater Reptiles is another sad story in a list that has no thumbs up. They are A$$hats.

I wrote a review of these vendors before. So I think I'm okay contributing to this thread on them??

Lopenator

Ny
So, for everyone who might see this and say "I wish TFO had a vendor review" guess what? There is a vendor review. This particular episode of Backwater Reptiles is another sad story in a list that has no thumbs up. They are A$$hats.

I wrote a review of these vendors before. So I think I'm okay contributing to this thread on them??
Yes. Unfortunately my order from them was before I knew about this wonderful forum.