Backdrop for a terrarium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello, all! As you may know (or not- depending on if you saw my introductory post) I am getting a baby Cherryhead. I have already decided on a planted terrarium (scold me later, especially if my lil guy/gal ends up hating it), and I have most of the supplies for the setup except *drumroll*

The background(backdrop?).

I have no idea where I can get one that would fit the enclosure. I went to my local Petco, and they basically only had tiny (meant for 10 gallon aquariums) seabed backdrops. They're also extremely rude there, and that of course did not make the situation any better.

*braces self for terrarium debate* I've already fallen in love with the idea of the terrarium (and drooling over TerryO's pics has pretty much solidified my determination to use one), but this is an unexpected (albeit small) setback that is annoying me. A lot.

So...any ideas where to get one? :(

Also, once everything is said and done, I hope to make a video and link it to you guys for complete critiquing :D

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
I bought some at petsmart and it was sold on a roll so you could purchase whatever length you needed.
Boulder061311004.jpg

I obviously didn't measure properly, lol! :D

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
Ahh, Jenn! I'm going to see where the closest Petsmart is! :D
I thought that they were normally sold on rolls, but the guy at Petco looked at me like an idiot when I said that lol :|

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Mine are from rolls. Also an artist person could make their own. :cool:

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
Laura said:
some rolls have one scene on each side. different types.
Yes! I ended up finding mine at Petsmart as per Jenn's suggestion. :D
One side is a kind of forest and the other is supposedly "ocean rocks", but they are totally river rocks lol (not like I care- I don't use that side :p)

yagyujubei said:
*checks original post*
I'm an idiot. I meant vivarium. Forgive me, my brain likes to take grammar vacations. :p BUT! They did have very nice vivarium backgrounds, too. I just didn't have the patience to wait for shipping...lol

Jacqui said:
Mine are from rolls. Also an artist person could make their own. :cool:
If only I had skills that went beyond a kindergarten level...:D
Mine ended up being from a roll that they cut (they were out of stock of the full rolls).

Thank you kindly, everyone, for all your help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.