Back on line...bigger and better Titan update

eric joranson

Location (City and/or State)
Cape Cod ;MA / Co.Bluffs; Iowa
Had to lurk in the cyber shadows the last few months as I forgot my password; and did not have access to my PC where it was automatically stored. In late November I left cape cod and returned to Iowa for a few months remolding a family home. At 12 months; Titan weighed in at 580 grams. Now at 16 months it is weighing in at 2338 grams. " we are definitely going to need a bigger boat." So much for those who think sulcatas slow down during winter months. With Spring like weather finally returning Titan is enjoying fresh grass; clover and dandelions. Had his annual check up; where I always get an x ray just to have a look for any potential problems. Only change in behavior is self soaking....despite the fact that he still gets a daily soak; he seems to enjoy basking in his water bowl; sometimes for several hours a day; leaving just to eat; or to retire to his hide for the evening. What an adventure it has been trying to get it all right. Upward and OnwardIMG_6424 (2).JPG 6068_33278-Titan_1_s0 (3).jpg IMG_6450 (1).JPG

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Had to lurk in the cyber shadows the last few months as I forgot my password; and did not have access to my PC where it was automatically stored. In late November I left cape cod and returned to Iowa for a few months remolding a family home. At 12 months; Titan weighed in at 580 grams. Now at 16 months it is weighing in at 2338 grams. " we are definitely going to need a bigger boat." So much for those who think sulcatas slow down during winter months. With Spring like weather finally returning Titan is enjoying fresh grass; clover and dandelions. Had his annual check up; where I always get an x ray just to have a look for any potential problems. Only change in behavior is self soaking....despite the fact that he still gets a daily soak; he seems to enjoy basking in his water bowl; sometimes for several hours a day; leaving just to eat; or to retire to his hide for the evening. What an adventure it has been trying to get it all right. Upward and OnwardView attachment 237014 View attachment 237015 View attachment 237016
He's looking great. [emoji4]

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
Glad he is doing so well....