Baby Yellow Belly Slider Tail Problem! Need Help ASAP

JohniCc

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus, Limassol
Well, I had a fake little turtle on their basking dock and she would always climb on the fake turtle, oh and she only got on the dock after I put the fake turtle on.
So I thought it would've been nice to bring her one of her brothers.

JohniCc

Cyprus, Limassol
Oh, you are probably right :)
Didn't think of that, I thought I had the lamp pretty close.
Btw is 40w ok for the basking lamp?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Yep, just because they're babies, doesn;t mean there isn;t aggression. I adopted three adult sliders and one little painted turtles that were all housed together.. for ten years... and the first week I got them the big sliders and ripped out little Magellan's toe nail, and evidence (short stubby regrowing nails) proved it had happened before :( I feel very fortunate that something more serious had never happened.
It is best to house turtles separately. Spidey will be okay, but it's not like his tail will grow back :( Your other turtle will continue to act cruelly toward him.

JohniCc

Cyprus, Limassol
Aww, that's pretty sad, you're lucky tho that nothing worse happened.
I've already separated mine so I guess they'll be alright :)
Yep, just because they're babies, doesn;t mean there isn;t aggression. I adopted three adult sliders and one little painted turtles that were all housed together.. for ten years... and the first week I got them the big sliders and ripped out little Magellan's toe nail, and evidence (short stubby regrowing nails) proved it had happened before :( I feel very fortunate that something more serious had never happened.
It is best to house turtles separately. Spidey will be okay, but it's not like his tail will grow back :( Your other turtle will continue to act cruelly toward him.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Aww, that's pretty sad, you're lucky tho that nothing worse happened.
I've already separated mine so I guess they'll be alright :)
I know! They're big enough to have done that to his head... :eek: :( :mad:
I hope Spidey's enjoying his newfound freedom! (from squirt :D)