Baby tortoise we’re not sure what’s wrong PLEASE HELP

ManAlive85

Location (City and/or State)
London UK

Fantastic, she looks great!!! You can really see how well she’s coming on.

I know you mentioned you’re pretty sure she’s blind. I can’t tell from the photos, does she open her eyes or are they closed all the time?

Sandhurst
Fantastic, she looks great!!! You can really see how well she’s coming on.

I know you mentioned you’re pretty sure she’s blind. I can’t tell from the photos, does she open her eyes or are they closed all the time?
She does open her eyes but when the other hatchlings walk around her she doesn’t really know what’s going on it’s only the noise that makes her put her head in.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

soooo cute!!!!!
You go Peggy !!!!
Peggy Sue, Peggy Sue,......pretty pretty pretty pretty Peggie Sue.... ah oh Peggie....
My Peggie Sue...oo..oo...oo...oo...oo..oo..oo...ooo....
?????❤️?????

Sandhurst
I have a very unfortunate update. We are sad to say we have had to let Peggy go. After her good day she began to deteriorate (we stopped the antibiotics because we thought they were making her worse.) she began to just sit in the tortoise table or garden with her head in and not moving around. Her eyes had swollen so much that we could barely see them so we decided that we didn’t want her to live a horrible life and guessed that she was probably in pain. We had to do that hardest thing but we are certain it was the best thing for her and she will be in a happier place now. :(

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I have a very unfortunate update. We are sad to say we have had to let Peggy go. After her good day she began to deteriorate (we stopped the antibiotics because we thought they were making her worse.) she began to just sit in the tortoise table or garden with her head in and not moving around. Her eyes had swollen so much that we could barely see them so we decided that we didn’t want her to live a horrible life and guessed that she was probably in pain. We had to do that hardest thing but we are certain it was the best thing for her and she will be in a happier place now. :(
Hard thing for you, best thing for Peggy, sorry so much....

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Thank you for the update. I’m so sorry you had to let little Peggy go. Take comfort in the fact that you did absolutely everything you could and that she is no longer suffering. I can only imagine how difficult that must have been for you to do. The love, care and compassion you showed Peggy while she was here was admirable and I’m sure she appreciated every effort you made to help her. Take care.

Sandhurst
Thank you for the update. I’m so sorry you had to let little Peggy go. Take comfort in the fact that you did absolutely everything you could and that she is no longer suffering. I can only imagine how difficult that must have been for you to do. The love, care and compassion you showed Peggy while she was here was admirable and I’m sure she appreciated every effort you made to help her. Take care.
Thank you it means so much to us that you think this.

KronksMom

Illinois
You did everything you could for little Peggy. In her brief life, she was able to experience nature like a real tort, but safely. And that's only because you went above and beyond what many people would have done. You can take comfort in the fact that you did everything that could be done for her, including ending her life in a humane way. Looking back, I hope that you feel no regrets. I believe Peggy's life was better for having been born into your family. I really am so sorry for your family's loss though.