Baby Tortoise Died

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Scooter said:
When I was a kid, my house´s yard didnt have any soil. And I had red eared turtles. And I remember that my mom and I buried one or two that died in a big pot we had.
I remember she used to tell me that it was going to become into a beautiful flower.
after it was buried, she would put a seed without me noticing it.
And after a couple of days the little plant began to rasie, and I remembered that it felt so much better when the plants flower bloomed.

This is a great idea, and so thoughtful of your mom!

Well, now I understand why you turned out to be such a caring person. What a beautiful caring Mom you have.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
I two was going to sugjest a potted plant. That's what I do with my gold fish that die. I love the flower idea. Sorry for your loss. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
armandoarturo said:
Im sorry, I know how you must feel. Its awful.:(
And about what to do with it...
When I was a kid, my house´s yard didnt have any soil. And I had red eared turtles. And I remember that my mom and I buried one or two that died in a big pot we had.
I remember she used to tell me that it was going to become into a beautiful flower.
after it was buried, she would put a seed without me noticing it.
And after a couple of days the little plant began to rasie, and I remembered that it felt so much better when the plants flower bloomed.
maybe You can try doing something like that, maybe you have a big enough plant in pot around where you can burry it deep enough.

Armando: Thank you so much for this idea. What a wonderful person your mother must be.

Tangale: I'm so sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.