Baby Tort tucks in head while soaking

Gumiqq

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hi everyone! I was wondering if this is normal? My baby Tort tucks in their head while getting soaked. I got him or her last week and I’ve soaked her twice so far. My other baby tort does not do this. It looks so hollow inside it kind of scares me haha

Attachments

• CDD2E9A1-1989-46B6-BD19-72F5CD99ACC3.jpeg
    CDD2E9A1-1989-46B6-BD19-72F5CD99ACC3.jpeg
    606.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 45590D31-D797-4584-A077-32F46AF5A6AE.jpeg
    45590D31-D797-4584-A077-32F46AF5A6AE.jpeg
    771.8 KB · Views: 33

nicoleann2214

NY
Hi everyone! I was wondering if this is normal? My baby Tort tucks in their head while getting soaked. I got him or her last week and I’ve soaked her twice so far. My other baby tort does not do this. It looks so hollow inside it kind of scares me haha
I’m concerned more of why the scutes are colored green.

nicoleann2214

NY
Mine does this when she is trying to poop, does your poop afterwards?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've never seen one do that. Not normal, but I don't know what you'd do about it.

That tortoise is being housed much too dry and it should be soaked every day. Give this a read for the correct care info: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/the-best-way-to-raise-a-sulcata-leopard-or-star-tortoise.181497/

Jan A

Boulder, CO

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Could it be that it's straining to go to the bathroom?

AgataP

Seattle, WA
First of all sink is not a good place to soak. The feet slide, the shape is awful. Get him a nice even box to soak him in. Stop picking him up. He hides because he is scared. I make soak a relaxing thing. Take a soft very soft toothbrush and gently wash off this damn marker of the shell. Another problem might be that you have two tortoises together. Not only that the new one is in a new environment it also needs to deal with another tortoise. Hope you are not housing them together.