Baby tort taking antibiotic shots?

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Pretty! How old/how much do each of them weigh?
Thank you.:)
The bigger tort is 16 months old and weight 350 Gram. The small guy is 24 months old and weight 150 Gram. The small one is obviously sick but the VET does not know why. He is eating ( not much but every day ) he has no respiration infect, no worms and he is kept in the right conditions ( but not by his previous owner ).
It is a secret why he does not grow.

mamameg

Detroit, MI, USA
Thank you.:)
The bigger tort is 16 months old and weight 350 Gram. The small guy is 24 months old and weight 150 Gram. The small one is obviously sick but the VET does not know why. He is eating ( not much but every day ) he has no respiration infect, no worms and he is kept in the right conditions ( but not by his previous owner ).
It is a secret why he does not grow.

Wow that is quite a size difference. How many grams does he usually grow each week?

mamameg

Detroit, MI, USA
IMG_1120.jpg

Hello from Loretta! It’s been awhile! It’s been a long winter for us. She is doing great but hasn’t gained as much weight as I had hoped. Currently about 156 grams. Eating like a champ though! Excited for summer and outdoor time.

Bee62

Germany
View attachment 233566

Hello from Loretta! It’s been awhile! It’s been a long winter for us. She is doing great but hasn’t gained as much weight as I had hoped. Currently about 156 grams. Eating like a champ though! Excited for summer and outdoor time.
Hello. I like good news and your news are definitely good. Eating like a champ sounds good too.
Loretta gained 56 grams in 3 months. Is that right ?

mamameg

Detroit, MI, USA
Hello, I'm in Grand Rapids Michigan area. It hit 80 here as well, it was pretty windy out. But we managed to get out and get some sun as well. Cute tort by the way.

Hello! Thank you! She was very sick last year and there was a time we weren’t sure if she would make it. But she did and is now thriving!

We were supposed to have a lot of wind today too, but it ended up not being too bad. What kind of tort do you have?

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Hello! Thank you! She was very sick last year and there was a time we weren’t sure if she would make it. But she did and is now thriving!

We were supposed to have a lot of wind today too, but it ended up not being too bad. What kind of tort do you have?
Hi, I have a Sulcata. I am so very happy your little one pulled through. Hopefully this long winter is finally behind us.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Awesome! How large is it? I have always wanted a Sulcata as well. Need more room in our house! [emoji23]
He is a little over 6lbs now. They grow pretty fast. I hear you about needing more room. Almost done with his new enclosure, and already planning a new one from there. I got kind of a late start, he was supposed to stay with my daughter at her mom's house. That did not pan out, so now I'm trying to play catch-up.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I don't want to derail your post with pictures of my tortoise. But if you would like to see him, there's a post floating around called...Just Sheldon. I have sum pics of him there.

mamameg

Detroit, MI, USA
I don't want to derail your post with pictures of my tortoise. But if you would like to see him, there's a post floating around called...Just Sheldon. I have sum pics of him there.

He is really cute! I am now looking into “shell saver”! Have you heard of “Lous Pet Shop” here in metro Detroit? They have a Sulcata named Frankie that walks around the store with a webcam on his back. One of the friendliest torts I have ever met.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
He is really cute! I am now looking into “shell saver”! Have you heard of “Lous Pet Shop” here in metro Detroit? They have a Sulcata named Frankie that walks around the store with a webcam on his back. One of the friendliest torts I have ever met.
Thankyou[emoji4]No I have not, I've only been in the Detroit area couple of times. I think the last time I was there is when they built the new Tiger Stadium. So that was quite some time ago LOL. But if I'm ever in that area again, I will definitely check them out.

mamameg

Detroit, MI, USA
Thankyou[emoji4]No I have not, I've only been in the Detroit area couple of times. I think the last time I was there is when they built the new Tiger Stadium. So that was quite some time ago LOL. But if I'm ever in that area again, I will definitely check them out.

You can check out their Facebook or website too. Frankie posts often!

And yes that was a long time ago!