Baby tort ate a lot- didn’t bask for long, and has been asleep since 7 PM last night?

mmags

Location (City and/or State)
CA
Helloo! I’m a new tortoise parent, I have a baby Hermann’s that I just got yesterday! I’m not sure how much he ate earlier in the day before I got him, but once he came home he kept trying to bite on the rocks in his enclosure. I figured he was hungry which he definitely was, so I gave him some spring mix and then I let him have a little bit of strawberry as a welcome home treat (I know this should be given every once in awhile!). He walked around his enclosure for a bit but he didn’t really bask or anything, he went under his wooden hut and has been sleeping since. I’m new to this and so this morning I wanted to check on him cause I worried, he did wake up but he went right back to sleep after. I was gonna give him a soak this morning before I go to work but I’m not sure if I should let him sleep and do it later or wake him up for his soak? Thanks for the help!

rattboy

10 Year Member!
San Francisco, CA
Let him settle in a bit. Sometimes they will hide because of the big giant hovering above. He’ll get used to you.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Just worry they your temps/Light/heat/humidity are all locked in. The interest will increase once they realize you are the food god!