Baby Sulcata

El tortuga

Location (City and/or State)
ARLINGTON TX
Are you using the ls? My baby Sulcata doesn't like it either, I hear the origanal is where its at! But where is it?? Can't find it anywhere.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
the origanal is where its at! But where is it??

From day one all of my hatchlings gobble up the original formula. I don’t mist it though, I soak mine until it’s mushy. Doing this they camp out eating it. I typically feed greens from the yard, but when I feel lazy I feed the pellets. Maybe once every 2 weeks or so. Check amazon or Craigslist for finding it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Best way to get baby Sulcata to eat Mazuri mine just kinda nibbles on it and then leaves it?
First, be sure you have the original formula. Many of them don't care for the newer "LS" type.

Then soak a single pellet in a large bottle cap, like a Gatorade cap, with a little water. When its mushy, squish it all up with the day's greens.

If your tortoise is one of those that really doesn't like it, don't worry. There are lots of other good things to feed your tortoise instead. I think Mazuri is a good supplement to a varied diet, but I don't think it is a necessity. Grass or grass hay is a necessity. One might argue that spineless opuntia pads should be a regular dietary item too, but I don't think any one will argue that Mazuri is "necessary".

El tortuga

ARLINGTON TX
First, be sure you have the original formula. Many of them don't care for the newer "LS" type.

Then soak a single pellet in a large bottle cap, like a Gatorade cap, with a little water. When its mushy, squish it all up with the day's greens.

If your tortoise is one of those that really doesn't like it, don't worry. There are lots of other good things to feed your tortoise instead. I think Mazuri is a good supplement to a varied diet, but I don't think it is a necessity. Grass or grass hay is a necessity. One might argue that spineless opuntia pads should be a regular dietary item too, but I don't think any one will argue that Mazuri is "necessary".
Tom where do you get yours ???

Yeetster

West Virginia

Thank you for the help and since you seem to be the go to on this site.... I’m upgrading my baby Sulcata indoor enclosure any ideas on something big for him that I can also have a close top or should I just make one out of wood or use a Christmas tree tub?